My husband's cousin is might be staying with us a few days around the Holidays this year, the cousin's daughter will be 3 on Christmas day, I would like to make a small batch of decorated cupcakes or a 6 inch cake.
What is a recipie that can do that small of a batch or recipie that can be reduced to half?
thanks in advance.
I found this recipe online, I`m gonna try it right now
Oven Temp.: 350°
Approx. Bake Time: 15-20 minutes
Yields: 6 cupcakes
2/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. cream
2 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
5 tbsp. butter, softened
1/3 c. sugar
- Prepare your ingredients: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a liquid measuring cup, mix together the cream, milk, and vanilla.
- Make the batter: Using a hand-mixer, whip the butter for about 30 seconds. Add the sugar, and cream until very light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, just until incorporated. Now, switch to a whisk to add the dry ingredients in three installments, alternating with the wet ingredients. (Add in this order: dry-wet-dry-wet-dry.) After each installment, stir just until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Bake: Line a muffin tin with six liners. Distribute batter evenly between the liners; it should fill them about 3/4 of the way. Bake in a preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Cool on wire rack before frosting.
- When creaming the butter and sugar, you do not need to worry about over-mixing. In fact, you should probably mix more than you think you need to! The creamed butter and sugar should be almost white in color.
- Now, when adding the wet and dry ingredients, you DO need to worry about over-mixing. Thats why you switch from an electrical mixer to hand-power.
- These puff up in the oven, but the tops flatten after a couple minutes. So if you get flat tops, you didnt do anything wrong.
DO NOT USE THE RECIPE!!!
I try it yesterday and ended up with the hardest, smallest and awful tasting cupcakes!! hated it!!
This recipe is from Martha Stewart website, I bake and sell cupcakes all the time using this recipe.
Vanilla cupcakes recipe (Makes 12 cupcakes)
All purpose flour (Maida) 1 ½ cups
Baking Powder 1 ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp
Milk ½ cup
Butter 85 gms
Sugar 1 cup
Preheat the oven to 180° C or 365° F.
Sieve together the dry ingredients- all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
Warm butter and milk in a saucepan on low heat in a saucepan.
Beat eggs and sugar on high speed until thick and pale. Beat in the dry ingredients.
Bring the milk and butter mixture to a boil and with mixer on low speed add the milk mixture to the batter and beat until smooth.
Add vanilla extract.
Fill the muffin cups halfway and bake for 15 mins or till done.
Check the recipe section here on CC with high ratings. I am sure you can divide the recipe in half to use.