Small Batch Cupcakes

Baking By SuzyNoQ Updated 11 Nov 2011 , 12:44pm by MCurry

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 5

My husband's cousin is might be staying with us a few days around the Holidays this year, the cousin's daughter will be 3 on Christmas day, I would like to make a small batch of decorated cupcakes or a 6 inch cake.
What is a recipie that can do that small of a batch or recipie that can be reduced to half?

thanks in advance.

4 replies
labarradulce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labarradulce Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 5

I found this recipe online, I`m gonna try it right now icon_smile.gif

Vanilla Cupcakes
Oven Temp.: 350°
Approx. Bake Time: 15-20 minutes
Yields: 6 cupcakes

Ingredients
2/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. cream
2 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
5 tbsp. butter, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg
Instructions
- Prepare your ingredients: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a liquid measuring cup, mix together the cream, milk, and vanilla.
- Make the batter: Using a hand-mixer, whip the butter for about 30 seconds. Add the sugar, and cream until very light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, just until incorporated. Now, switch to a whisk to add the dry ingredients in three installments, alternating with the wet ingredients. (Add in this order: dry-wet-dry-wet-dry.) After each installment, stir just until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Bake: Line a muffin tin with six liners. Distribute batter evenly between the liners; it should fill them about 3/4 of the way. Bake in a preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Cool on wire rack before frosting.
Notes
- When creaming the butter and sugar, you do not need to worry about over-mixing. In fact, you should probably mix more than you think you need to! The creamed butter and sugar should be almost white in color.
- Now, when adding the wet and dry ingredients, you DO need to worry about over-mixing. Thats why you switch from an electrical mixer to hand-power.
- These puff up in the oven, but the tops flatten after a couple minutes. So if you get flat tops, you didnt do anything wrong.

labarradulce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labarradulce Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 5

DO NOT USE THE RECIPE!!! thumbsdown.gif

I try it yesterday and ended up with the hardest, smallest and awful tasting cupcakes!! hated it!! icon_mad.gif

Japneet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Japneet Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 11:20am
post #4 of 5

This recipe is from Martha Stewart website, I bake and sell cupcakes all the time using this recipe.
Vanilla cupcakes recipe (Makes 12 cupcakes)
Ingredients
All purpose flour (Maida) 1 ½ cups
Baking Powder 1 ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp
Milk ½ cup
Butter 85 gms
Eggs 3
Sugar 1 cup
Vanilla extract
Instructions
  Preheat the oven to 180° C or 365° F.
  Sieve together the dry ingredients- all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
  Warm butter and milk in a saucepan on low heat in a saucepan.
  Beat eggs and sugar on high speed until thick and pale. Beat in the dry ingredients.
  Bring the milk and butter mixture to a boil and with mixer on low speed add the milk mixture to the batter and beat until smooth.
  Add vanilla extract.
  Fill the muffin cups halfway and bake for 15 mins or till done.

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 12:44pm
post #5 of 5

Check the recipe section here on CC with high ratings. I am sure you can divide the recipe in half to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%