Justin Beiber Cake

Decorating By SherryC313 Updated 11 Oct 2011 , 2:22am by SherryC313

SherryC313 Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 9

I've new the forum!! A friend sent me to this website and I love it!

I've been asked to make a Justin B cake for a little girls 8th bday. I looked at some here on the website and would love to add a framed picture of JB as the topper. Where can I get a 4X6 edible pic of Jb? I've called some places, but they won't do it for copyright reasons. I've looked online but all the sizes are too big.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

8 replies
molly_36 Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 9

I laminated pictures that were provided to me by the bday girls mom. The laminate paper kept the pictures from having grease spots on them.
Just a suggestion but why don't you find the picture you want to use, laminate it then make a gumpaste frame to fit it????

jem2131 Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by molly_36

I laminated pictures that were provided to me by the bday girls mom. The laminate paper kept the pictures from having grease spots on them.
Just a suggestion but why don't you find the picture you want to use, laminate it then make a gumpaste frame to fit it????

tHAT IS EXActly what i did !! i printed a picture from online and put a gumpaste frame around it icon_smile.gif

SherryC313 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 12:54am
post #4 of 9

Thank you! Question! How should I apply the laminated picture to the frame?

Thanks!

molly_36 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 12:55am
post #5 of 9

Laminate the picture then build the frame around it thumbs_up.gif

kel58 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 1:13am
post #6 of 9

That what I would do too.
Quick question though, are all pictured of celebs copywrited automatically? There are so many out there that were taken by everyday people and not by photographers or used in ads. Still copywrited? Like Justin Bieber is from my hometown, if I were to take a pic of him when he was home could I use it. Its not likely this situation would arise but im just not sure how copywrites work. Anyone out there know?
sorry to hijack.
Kel

2txmedics Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 1:42am
post #7 of 9

Oh gosh how I wanted to do that instead of a BC transfer....I was so scared!!! Can wait to see yours...you can also buy a birthday card with his picture and frame that.

SherryC313 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 2:20am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by molly_36

Laminate the picture then build the frame around it thumbs_up.gif

Should I put a gumpaste back on the laminated picture? I want the picture to stay up straight. Does this make since?

SherryC313 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 2:22am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel58

That what I would do too.
Quick question though, are all pictured of celebs copywrited automatically? There are so many out there that were taken by everyday people and not by photographers or used in ads. Still copywrited? Like Justin Bieber is from my hometown, if I were to take a pic of him when he was home could I use it. Its not likely this situation would arise but im just not sure how copywrites work. Anyone out there know?
sorry to hijack.
Kel

It is my understanding that if you take the picture, you can use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%