What Software Do You Use?

Business By bluedaisies Updated 10 Oct 2011 , 6:31pm by kelleym

bluedaisies Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 9

Looking for a software for my orders.. right now using Money software, but there's a couple places it's lacking for what I need.
I'd love something that can clearly show the DUE date of the order rather than when it's placed. What do you all use?

TIA!

8 replies
jason_kraft Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 9

We use QuickBooks for order management and accounting, it allows you to assign a separate due date on invoices.

sillywabbitz Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 9

Check out Cake Boss, has order management, recipe info and cost and profit details on each cake. You can see how it works at www.cakeboss.com

I love it!

Comerio Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 9

As far as business software goes.. I like Quickbooks best.

cakesdivine Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 1:19am
post #5 of 9

you can't go wrong with Cake Boss! and members here get a 10 percent discount!

elliespartycake Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 9

I just purchased cake boss and I LOVE it! It tracks and manages all my customers, orders, expenses, recipes, etc.

cupadeecakes Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 3:34pm
post #7 of 9

I have used MS Money and Quicken and was not happy with them. I like Quickbooks much better, but I have always been interested in Cake Boss. How does Cake Boss do with the financial aspects, like alerting me when payments are due and also helping me calculate sales tax payments?

sillywabbitz Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 6:16pm
post #8 of 9

cupadeecakes,
Go to http://cakeboss.com/VideoTour.aspx and look at the videos. There is a calendar feature which is includes when your orders are due. There is a section called Reports which will list out the over due payments etc. I really like your ideas for notifications though. I may put that in as an enhancement request for the next release. So way to set up email reminders about upcoming cakes and over due payments would be awesome!

kelleym Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 6:31pm
post #9 of 9

The CakeBoss dashboard shows you all pending and overdue payments and there is also a report you can run and print with pending and overdue payments with customer contact info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%