Boomer Sooner!!

Lounge By lilcakebaker Updated 12 Oct 2011 , 10:12pm by lilcakebaker

lilcakebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilcakebaker Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 5

Sorry, Im a big Oklahoma Football fan and we just had BEVO (Texas Longhorns) for lunch and got a little excited icon_smile.gif One of these days Im going to make a Sooner Schooner cake!!

4 replies
Lorieann55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorieann55 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 12:46am
post #2 of 5

Boomer Sooner! We were watching that game too! Funny thing is that the next wedding cake I'm doing requested OU Sooner red (should I tell them it's actually "crimson"?), and I might just have booked a Texas Longhorn cake for the Spring. LOL !

I'd love to make a Sooner Schooner cake, have you seen one somewhere?

lilcakebaker Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 1:54am
post #3 of 5

Awesome! We had to schedule our wedding a few years ago around OU football. For me of course, not him!

I have never seen one but figured it would really make a cute cake and since we are here in Arizona it would really be unique!
Also on my fair cake I just made....I put BEVO in the grave yard with his horns sticking out! LOL

I did get to watch them play last year in the Fiesta Bowl!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 5

Well I'm happy OU won but I'm a Texas transplant who roots for OSU and we get to face some angry Bevo this weekend thanks to the shellacking the Sooners gave the Longhorns! Let's hope they don't horn old Pistol Pete!! We knocked the feathers off the Jayhawks last weekend and sometimes our guys do a little thing called the 'Poke Choke' when they get cocky. Go Pokes! Love ya regardless!

lilcakebaker Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 5

yeah, my poor hubby is a Jayhawk fan but I think he is pretty used to them never winning a football game!

Im from a little town just north of Stillwater so I was surrounded by OSU fans growing up. The rest of the time I lived in Texas and had the Longhorns! ahhh..now Im in AZ and their football teams stink so badly that they don't care LOL

Good luck with the Horns!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%