Help!!! Will Whipped Cream Filling Stay Good Overnight?????

Baking By mary1011 Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 2:36am by scp1127

mary1011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary1011 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a strawberry shortcake themed cake for my daughters birthday. I plan on covering it with fondant and doing white cake with a fresh strawberry and whipped cream filling. I need to make it the night before, but will the cream filling stay good overnight with out getting all soupy?? What about a filling made with cool whip and fresh berries?

4 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 5

Mary, how cute is your idea! I would refridgerate that cake if you are using real whip cream. Your weather conditions should dictate to you how to handle it.

You will be a bit safer if you use an imitation dairy product such as cool whip, pastry pride, rich's bettercream, etc.

Again, consider the weather conditions for your area.

HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 5

Cool Whip isn't shelf stable and requires refrigeration (except for the period the cake is being served).

Please see butternut's response from Kraft on proper Cool Whip storage:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-34791.html

Only Rich's Bettercreme is shelf stable for 5 days at normal room temperature. icon_smile.gif

HTH

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 5

I stand corrected, Thank you Jan. I don't use Cool Whip for cakes, guess you can tell. I assumed because it is a non dairy product. Shows you what assuming will do.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 2:36am
post #5 of 5

You can stabilize whipped cream with piping gel or sour cream. This is the real ingredient way to do it. Non-dairy is not real. What does your client want?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%