Help!!! Will Whipped Cream Filling Stay Good Overnight?????

Baking By mary1011 Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 2:36am by scp1127

mary1011 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a strawberry shortcake themed cake for my daughters birthday. I plan on covering it with fondant and doing white cake with a fresh strawberry and whipped cream filling. I need to make it the night before, but will the cream filling stay good overnight with out getting all soupy?? What about a filling made with cool whip and fresh berries?

4 replies
auntginn Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 5

Mary, how cute is your idea! I would refridgerate that cake if you are using real whip cream. Your weather conditions should dictate to you how to handle it.

You will be a bit safer if you use an imitation dairy product such as cool whip, pastry pride, rich's bettercream, etc.

Again, consider the weather conditions for your area.

JanH Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 5

Cool Whip isn't shelf stable and requires refrigeration (except for the period the cake is being served).

Please see butternut's response from Kraft on proper Cool Whip storage:

Only Rich's Bettercreme is shelf stable for 5 days at normal room temperature. icon_smile.gif

auntginn Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 5

I stand corrected, Thank you Jan. I don't use Cool Whip for cakes, guess you can tell. I assumed because it is a non dairy product. Shows you what assuming will do.

scp1127 Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 2:36am
post #5 of 5

You can stabilize whipped cream with piping gel or sour cream. This is the real ingredient way to do it. Non-dairy is not real. What does your client want?

Quote by @%username% on %date%