Help! I'm Stumped! "neighborhood Cake Idea"

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 8 Oct 2011 , 2:50pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 12:40am
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to create a cake for Tuesday... and im just out of ideas! Its for a property management company (A company who manages home owners associations) The request just said that they want the compnay logo (which is basic text) and the cake should look something like a "neighborhood". I REALLY don't want to do a simple flat, sheet cake or plan old round... I was hoping to have something a little more unique (This job could turn into 3 more for other companies)

Do you have any neat suggestions?

TIA

4 replies
MelissaJeane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaJeane Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 1:20am
post #2 of 5

I have seen some cakes done with buildings cut out of gumpaste and painted then attaached around a circle cake. Throw on a few street lights a side walk and maybe some little people and pets..?

CiNoRi Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 5

Im not much of a painter... tho im working on it. I just dont want this to look too kid-like (LOL i know if I paint... it will be MORE than kid- done-it) ... its kinda a toughy

MelissaJeane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaJeane Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 5

Maybe a 2 tier cake with elemnts of a park on the side of each level. A slide and a swingset sticking out kind of 2-d ish. I'm probably not much help in words I'm better with sketches.

CiNoRi Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaJeane

Maybe a 2 tier cake with elemnts of a park on the side of each level. A slide and a swingset sticking out kind of 2-d ish. I'm probably not much help in words I'm better with sketches.

I see where you are going. Any thoughts help! I just need something to kickstart my brain hehehe! Thanks so much icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%