Help With Fundraiser Cupcakes

Baking By EvArt Updated 11 Oct 2011 , 12:58am by HappyCake10609

EvArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvArt Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 7

I'm trying to figure out if I can pull off a cupcake fundraiser for my daughters Chamber Choir Disneyland trip. I've never had to purchase packaging supplies in large quantities before, so I could use some penny saving tips please. I'm thinking of doing them in batches of 6. A small enough quantity for most people to help out with. They would need to be packaged decently rather than just thrown together somehow. The cheaper I can get the boxes or packaging, the more money the kids make. Any ideas or tips??
lol
Actually adding up the number of cupcakes per student to sell is a bit overwhelming!! But I want to research it and see if we might be able to pull it off.

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 1:49am
post #2 of 7
EvArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvArt Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 7

You're welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 7

Sorry cant help with the boxes but looks like Jan has that covered!
Where are you proposing to sell them, is it at an event or through the children and their families?
Particulalry in the latter case could you advertise them in small local businesses eg florists, opticians, beauty salons, etc ie places who you would not be seen as competing with in any way. It would work best for a small community though I think, so it might be no good for you.

LacyHogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LacyHogan Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 12:27am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Cupcake boxes:

http://www.brpboxshop.com/cupcake-boxes.html

HTH

This is who i use too! Love them!!

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 12:58am
post #7 of 7

I just ordered plastic container's from www.wesellcoffee.com/page72.html They have good prices, you can order by the piece or by the case (300 per) and shipping was very fast.

You can tell them when you need it by and they work quickly to get it to you. And their customer service dept was great! I hadn't specified a delivery date and contacted them and they shipped it out the same day without charging and expediting fee!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%