How To Plan Wedding Cupcake Numbers

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 8 Oct 2011 , 1:14am by cheatize

CiNoRi Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 8

So I have been asked to do a cupcake display for an up and coming wedding. The bride is toying between standard sized cupcakes alone... or standard sized mixed with minis - and there is to be a few different flavor options. What would you say is the best way to judge on how many she should have for her guests? I know in cupcakes in general people tend to take more than they should... then if you throw minis in the mix.... even more so....

What do you all tend to recommend when figuring numbers?

7 replies
ragdollyanna77 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 8

Good question, i would also like to know what others recommend........

CiNoRi Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 8

Any input out there? icon_wink.gif

CakeMom5001 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 8

I did a baby shower for about 70 people and they ate 190 of the 200 mini cupcakes. I had 3 flavors, I think the more flavors - the more they will take, especially the mini's.

I would think most folks will take at least 2 mini's and some might take one in each flavor.

lilmissbakesalot Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 8

One per guest... that is what would be required.

A cupcake is the same amount of cake as a standard wedding serving. If there are multiple flavors, or if there will be no meal, I usually suggest getting extra, but it is entirely up to the bride. Less people will take seconds than you think... even if they are wickedly good. By the time cake is served, you have had a meal and a few drinks and cake is the last thing on your mind.

CiNoRi Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 12:30am
post #6 of 8

Looks like there is no meal, just hors d'oeuvres. Many weddings I have gone to people tend to take more than one per person. Even more so when they see flavor choices and minis :-/

Osgirl Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 12:34am
post #7 of 8

I did a wedding the other weekend and had been wondering the same thing. On Georgetown Cupcake's website it states one per guest and 1-2 dozen more. I made one per guest and 2 dozen more. The Mother of the Groom told me they had some leftovers but not too many. She said it was the perfect amount leftover. These were standard sized cupcakes.

cheatize Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 1:14am
post #8 of 8

Heavy hors d'oeuvres- meaning a lot of them? What time of day is the reception? I assume it's a weekend as most weddings are but if there's just a few hors d'oeuvres and it's anywhere near meal time, more cupcakes may be eaten.

Quote by @%username% on %date%