Transporting Mini/bite Size Cupcakes

Baking By Shan1781 Updated 8 Oct 2011 , 11:13am by Shan1781

Shan1781 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shan1781 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 6:30am
post #1 of 5

Hi All,
I need some ideas on how to transport mini/bite size cupcakes? I have to bake 120 of them for a high tea charity night for breast cancer research and I have no idea how to transport them at all... please help

Shan icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 12:35am
post #2 of 5

I order from this website:
http://plasticcontainercity.com/

You have to order a minimum of $25 but it's easy to get to that. The mini cupcake containers hold one dozen.

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 12:57am
post #3 of 5

I use foil bakers from the grocery stores with plastic lids. I line the bottom with shelf liner. Keeps them from moving around. I have only done this to transport cupcakes to friends and family though... not a client.
It's not as professional but helps in a pinch.
You could also use the pink bakery boxes. They sell them at craft stores.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 1:06am
post #4 of 5

I got a bunch of Sterlite clear boxes at Target (inexpensive) with lids that make it airtight. Some actually come with an insert for regular size cupcakes, but I take them out for the minis. I usually pack the mini cupcakes in pretty tight so that they are touching each other. If you have extra room in there, put some mini marshmallows and they will prevent sliding.

Shan1781 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shan1781 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 11:13am
post #5 of 5

Thanks girls, been looking at that website which is fantastic... only one small problem... I am in Aust and it looks like they don't ship here icon_sad.gif grr

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%