Scaling A Recipes

Baking By fsinger84 Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 8:30am by auzzi

fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:29am
post #1 of 3

So I have a bit of a issue. I am trying to get all my recipes scaled to come out with a dozen/2dox exactly per recipe. But with some of my recipies one "batch" makes 18, 30 etc. What is the best way to get them scaled correctly?

I am getting a head ache tryign to figure it all out! Some recipes would have a few eggs + 1/2 an egg and well that doesn't really work, how would you measure half an egg LOL. Is there some website or trick I might be missing?

2 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 6:06am
post #2 of 3

You just have to do the math. No shortcuts. For the egg, beat the egg (for proper amount of yolk and white when you use it) and weigh it. Use the % you need and save the rest. If you convert your recipes to grams, this whole process is a breeze.

Edit: To convert to grams, there are many charts, or just weigh and record your findings.

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 8:30am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Quote:

I am trying to get all my recipes scaled to come out with a dozen/2dox exactly per recipe.

Are you referring to cupcakes ? Check your cupcake/muffin tins ?

A 1/3-cup capacity requires 1/4 cup batter ... 12 holes = 3 c batter [24 = 6 cups]

A 1/2-cup capacity requires 1/3 cup batter ... 12 holes = 4 c batter [24 = 8 cups]

Something like that ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%