What I Did Wrong?

Baking By clarianercf Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 8:49pm by clarianercf

clarianercf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clarianercf Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:11am
post #1 of 6

Im a newbie I baked my first batch of cookies sunday after cool completely I put my cookies on an airtight bowl.

Monday around 7:30 pm I flood my cookies with RI, let the cookies on a tray over my table to dry , I did not close the tray with anything.

Tuesday around 7:00 I did the details , at that point I touch my cookie and was already soft I finish my details and let the cookie again over the tray over my table

Wednesday (yesterday) I pack my cookies completely completely soft icon_redface.gif

I used Karens Sugar cookies recipe and Antonia RI, the cookies are delicious and the RI is perfect .

Why my cookies are so soft? What I did wrong? Im frustrated I bake cakes since 7 years now and I cant make a decorated cookie.

I appreciate your help, I have an order of cookies for the 22nd this month and I need to make a good work.

Thanks

Cristina.

5 replies
cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:21am
post #2 of 6

Putting cookies in a tupperware like bowl can make them soft. I put mine in a tin or just cover with wax paper until they are decorated. Hope that helps!

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 6

After mine come out of the oven they cool on a wire cake rack. I leave them on the rack and just cover them with a clean kitchen towel until the next night when I start to decorate them. Through out the decorating process they stay on the cake cooling racks until I am ready to package them. Mine are never soft but they are not hard either, they are always nice and firm with a good texture. It might also be the recipe, you might try another one until you find one that works for you. HTH

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 6

The moisture in the royal will go into the cookie and make it softer. If it was a little soft to begin with (closed container overnight) it might get too soft in the end.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 6

Agreed. The cookies should not be packaged at all until they have dried with the decorations for 24 hours.

clarianercf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clarianercf Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for your response. Im gonna try today another cookie recipe.

Thanks Again.

Cristina.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%