aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 10

That led to a bus crash.

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 10

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp=44802846
I think she meant this clip. Hopefully it leads to the right thing.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 11:36pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel58

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp=44802846
I think she meant this clip. Hopefully it leads to the right thing.

Oops icon_redface.gif Yep the link I posted was wrong...this is the one you want!

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:13am
post #5 of 10

I can't open the link but I have seen divorce cakes before! I saw Duff make a divorce cake for a woman who had a party. It was a 3 tier cake with the bride figure on top and the groom was on the "ground" all beaten up! It was decorated beautifully and very different.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 2:34pm
post #6 of 10

The link is now a story about Steve Jobs. Apparently the "top story" keeps rotating so we won't be seeing the same link at different times of the day!

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 6:37pm
post #7 of 10

The link worked fine for me. So funny! Her cakes are really good.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 10

Ahh, if you scroll down on the left side, you'll find the right video if that link doesn't take you there directly.

I agree, her cakes are good! But I can't imagine dropping several hundred dollars on a divorce cake PLUS the party I guess you are going to throw along with that? She must be one happy divorcee, LOL!

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 12:09am
post #9 of 10

I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to post it but now that you've brought it up lol icon_wink.gif Every person that I know personally who has been divorced came out of it broke as a joke.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 10:14pm
post #10 of 10

I've seen some amusing cakes, but I personally don't think the failure of a marriage is a cause for celebration. It's really quite sad...particularly when there are children involved. I wonder how they'd feel to see mom or dad displayed as some pathetic figure on a cake. Don't get me wrong, I understand the relief many go through, but someone like my sister in law whose husband cheated on her, hid their assets and THEN had HER pay him for half their house when she couldn't sell it...I just know what pain she and her kids went through. It took her years to get over it!

To me when marriages fail and suddenly there's parties being held, it lessens what marriage is supposed to be...cheapens it. Makes light of it. And that's sad! But this is my personal opinion. I can still laugh at some of the cakes...I just wouldn't want to have to make one. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%