Packaging Blues

Baking By smbegg Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 3:36pm by rlowry03

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 4

I hate packaging sugar cookies! What do you all offer in way of packaging? I have been doing poly bags with curling ribbon ties.

Do you charge extra to package them or do you include it in the regular price? I charge $1/cookie for small and $1.5 for large, minimum of 12.

I am in the Dallas area.

Stephanie

3 replies
rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 2:40am
post #2 of 4

If I sell by the dozen I box them all together unless I know they will be used as favors. Then I will do individual bags.

How big are your large cookies? I had someone ask about prices on 2 inch cookies today and when I quoted $1.50 ea. they thought that was expensive. They wanted to know if that was the going rate, and compared to what I've seen it's about half!

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 11:07am
post #3 of 4

Rlowry 03, I am also in the Dallas area and I charge $25 a dozen in a bakery box. Extra $5 to package individually. That is for a regular 3-4 inch cookie. Don't sell yourself short. If they want it they will pay for it. Remember this is skilled labor icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif HTH

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 4

I reminded them that they are paying for the cookies and the hours involved to make them so beautiful! I just finished making 6 dozen and between baking and decorating it took 10 hours. Then of course there's all the extra supplies they don't know about like color and decorating bags and parchment paper and saran wrap and.... I will work for nothing or even take a loss with donations to get my name out there, but eventually I would like to be known as the baker who caters to high end orders. Not the baker who beats grocery store prices!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%