Llc Advice

Business By fsinger84 Updated 6 Oct 2011 , 10:13pm by jason_kraft

fsinger84 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 6:46am
post #1 of 5

So I have a really silly question. I just formed a llc as Biz Name LLC. What documents require I write things out as Biz Name LLC. and when can I just write Biz Name? I figure all actual business documents should say LLC but I want to make sure I don't have to put LLC up behind my logo every time because that just looks bad (I.E. advertisements an business cards).

It is late and I have been filling out forms for hours so I am really confused!

4 replies
jason_kraft Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 5

The rules on this may vary from state to state, but I believe you do need to identify yourself as "Biz Name LLC" even in logos to protect yourself against piercing the veil. Putting a small "LLC" on the side of the logo doesn't look too bad (we do this on our web site).

fsinger84 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Jason! I know quite a few people in my state who have LLC's but none of them have it written ANYWHERE so I was quite confused as I know it changes state to state. I will just ask the person who I rent space from (who is also an llc and has a lawyer LOL).

costumeczar Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

The rules on this may vary from state to state, but I believe you do need to identify yourself as "Biz Name LLC" even in logos to protect yourself against piercing the veil. Putting a small "LLC" on the side of the logo doesn't look too bad (we do this on our web site).

That was my understanding too.

jason_kraft Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsinger84

I know quite a few people in my state who have LLC's but none of them have it written ANYWHERE

If you have an LLC but don't include "LLC" anywhere on your web page/packaging/business cards/etc you might as well not have an LLC, since piercing the corporate veil is trivial in those cases.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%