Please Help - Pricing

Decorating By masexton Updated 6 Oct 2011 , 8:01am by platinumlady

masexton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masexton Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 9

So I am a professional cake decorator but am getting well known for my 3D cakes. Anyways can someone please let me know what you would charge for a cake replica of the stadium in the link to feed 50 people.

Keep in mind I will be modeling every detail exactly and all will be edible.

If you could please give me what you would charge.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.ijcool.com/p-1064408/Philadelphia+Phillies+-+CBP+Stadium+Replica+with+2008+World+Champion+medallion+-+Gold+Series.html

8 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 9

I...yi...yi...that thing will take a ton of work...so much details!!! First of all what cake sizes are you starting with?? I know the time alone will be worth a few hundred dollars! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 9

I would definitely would be charging in the hundreds for a cake that is detailed like that.

plunker219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plunker219 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 11:13pm
post #4 of 9

I would charge atleast 300 dollars. depends on how big you make it.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 11:50pm
post #5 of 9

I'd be kissing $1K for all that detail. I don't care if it is for 50 servings. Serving sizes are not relevant for cakes like this.

masexton Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 12:00am
post #6 of 9

Leah_s That was my range I was looking at. I already make on average 200-600 per 3D/skulpted cake, but on this one not only am I going to be carving I will be hand modeling ever detail out of gumpast, modeling chocolate, RC treats, or fondant.

I know I can rock this cake. Thats the least of my concerns. I used to be an architectural designer so I used to make scaled models all the time. But with all the details this has and my level of perfection (I cannot and will not let something go that isn't of high quality) I know this will probably consume 4 days minimum.

I am definitely leaning towards $800-$1000

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 2:26am
post #7 of 9

A grand easy. I only wish I had that kind of talent.

masexton Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 7:32am
post #8 of 9

Thank you ladies for the input. I quoted her at $950.00 Which I think is plenty fair. After knowing what is going to go into it, I wouldn't want to touch it for anything less. If they walk then I hope they find someone who can do it. Seeing as how they are ordering from across the state I think they are running out of option for decorators who can pull it off. At least thats what the lady said. She has been having trouble finding anyone who has the skill set to do this cake.

KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED.....I would really LOVE to add this cake to my collection of works.

Thanks again ladies.

-Melissa

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 8:01am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I'd be kissing $1K for all that detail. I don't care if it is for 50 servings. Serving sizes are not relevant for cakes like this.

Totally agree....this gentleman made this of our stadium I saw the price before but can't find it now...& this served 3,000

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1916355

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%