Most Common Fillings For Wedding Cakes

Decorating By karukaru Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 8:12pm by KodiSnip

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 10

Hi Everyone!
One of my dearest friends is getting married. Finally!!! LOL
I am making his wedding cake (first wedding cake I have ever made, other than the one from the wilton class) and he wanted a passion fruit filling. The problem is that they are not in season so I can't find the fruit. I just spoke with his fiance and she told me to not go crazy and that maybe they should do another flavor (can you tell she is a Zen bride?.) I told her I would send her a list with the most common flavors so they could decide. The cake will be a vanilla WASC rum cake so I need something that compliments that flavor. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 10

With my WASC cakes I like fruit fillings - usually raspberry - either straight or mixed w/bcream.
Other choices are chocolate; coconut creme; just straight bcream; or bavarian creme.

If there are more than one tiers, use a different filling in each so the people have a choice.

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 1:49am
post #3 of 10

Filling isn't high on most of my bride's priority list, but usually it's raspberry or strawberry straight or mixed with cream cheese.

Can you get passion fruit in the freezer section? Could you make something similar to passion fruit with mango and something together?

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 2:17am
post #4 of 10

here in australia you can get passion fruit pulp in a tin, with all the other tinned fruit- have you tried looking there?

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 2:17am
post #5 of 10

here in australia you can get passion fruit pulp in a tin, with all the other tinned fruit- have you tried looking there?

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 2:56am
post #6 of 10

Blackberry is actually most popular for me but I agree that I'd persue the passion fruits thing a bit more. I looked online and perfectpurees. Com sells it. Might be worth a try!

GarciaGM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GarciaGM Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 3:11am
post #7 of 10

Check your local Latin markets, if you have any. You can often find passionfruit pulp inthe frozen section with other juice concentrates. It may be called parchita or maracuya depending on where it's packaged. Good luck!! It's one of my favorites!!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 3:26am
post #8 of 10

I have bought passion fruit puree at wholes foods. I asked a person in the bakery about it.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 4:03am
post #9 of 10

BevMo also carries passionfruit puree. I also found it at Trader Joes. I mix it in mousseline buttercream and it is fantastic. I had one bride describe is a "instant vacation". It's worth the effort

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 8:12pm
post #10 of 10

I have made a passion fruit mousse using a passion fruit syrup found at a local Oriental market.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/passion-fruit-mousse/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%