Autumn Leaves In Fondant

Decorating By pat121110 Updated 6 Oct 2011 , 2:01pm by Saulite

pat121110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pat121110 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 9

Can someone tell me how to make leaves out of fondant? I am soooo new to this :0)

8 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 9

There are g/p leaf cuttere,etc. and there are leaf cookie cutters of all kinds. I make them out of fondant and g/p mix. You can make them , using modeling chocolate. You can start with light yellow color , cut them out. Let them dry. I use heavy foil and crumple it some.Then if let the leaves dry on this. It will give them different shapes. Then , i look at silk leaves that i purchase from michales and color them using dusting powders of green orange , rust, etc. You can find some , by googling how to make fondant leaves on cake centeral. YOu will see some and how tos about this. hth here is one link.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-697681-.html&sid=f2154ea5b9caf3a07caf094557b4ce13

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 9

If you are wanting to make autumn colored fondant leaves take several colors of fondant (example: yellow, green, orange or brown and red and yellow) and put them together...then roll them out to get the blended shades (not too blended, but mixed and swirled), then take your leaf cutter or a template if you don't have a leaf cutter and cut them out! Leaf cutters come in all sizes and styles of leaves and are not that expensive. HTH.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 9
shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 9

icer101 - that's a great link! I like the way she used the tinfoil to get the shape of the leaves - I'm going to try that for this weekend- it's thanksgiving this weekend in Canada icon_biggrin.gif

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 9

icer101 - that's a great link! I like the way she used the tinfoil to get the shape of the leaves - I'm going to try that for this weekend- it's thanksgiving this weekend in Canada icon_biggrin.gif

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 9:30pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

Here is another great tutorial.

http://savorysweetlife.com/2009/11/how-to-make-realistic-gum-paste-leaves/

oooo...those are gorgeous! I'm saving that link!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 9:47pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks ICER101! Love this idea! I think I will try it with modeling chocolate instead, though so it's tastier - that's a lot of fondant to eat (or pick off!) if you are making a basket of leaves (as I am planning!) Thanks for sharing!

Saulite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saulite Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 2:01pm
post #9 of 9

i used a tutorial that icer101 provided last year. And the cake turned out great! I didnt have any fancy dusts back then so i had to use Wilton's red spray color and 2 colors of petal dust that the only cake store in town caried, and they turned out wonderful!!! i like how she uses real leafs for veins, saves money too!
the only thing i did differently, is i colored my fondant tan, so it would be easier to work with it(colors easier).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%