Giant Cupcake Cake!

Decorating By JustBakedCakes Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 8:32pm by augurey

JustBakedCakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 11:53am
post #1 of 6

I've been asked to make a giant cupcake cake for a 1st birthday. They need it to fed about 25 ppl. I know Wilton has the giant cupcake pan but how many does it feed??? If that won't work has anyone ever made one from rounds before? Can anyone tell me how to do it? I have a few weeks yet to figure it out so any tips would be appreciated icon_smile.gif TIA

5 replies
poohsmomma Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know how many it will feed, but it's certainly not 25. Could you put it as a top tier on another cake-say a 10"?

JustBakedCakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 6

I was thinking that. I got a call from the grandmother to the 1 year old so she didn't give me too much info. Just said they wanted a cupcake for the cake. Once I talk to the mom I'll get more info and see if thats what she wants to do. I just wanted a head start if just a cupcake cake is what she wants.

SammieB Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 6

I'm doing a giant cupcake for my daughter in a week. I will have about 50 people here and I'm doing an 8"x8"x8" present cake on the bottom, then using the giant cupcake for the top tier. That cupcake may feed about 15 when it's all cut up.

pinklatte Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 6

I like the idea of using the cupcake as a tier on top and making another cake on the bottom.

augurey Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 8:32pm
post #6 of 6

What about making regular sized cupcakes to go with the large cupcake? Maybe smaller cupcakes to either compliment or match the giant cupcake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%