Help! Want Go Make Buttercream Decorations Look Like Fondant

Decorating By ScrumdidlyCakes Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 10:25pm by diane

ScrumdidlyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ScrumdidlyCakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 3:17am
post #1 of 3

Hello, I have my cousin is wanting me to do a birthday cake for her daughters 1st birthday and she gave me a picture she found she would like for me to go off of. I wouldn't copy it entirely but put my own spin on the design. She is wanting cream cheese frosting, and I know that you can't use fondant on that, so I was wondering if it would look sloppy if I did buttercream transfers instead. I haven't worked with fondant much, but would like to start teaching myself. I feel a lot more comfortable with butteecream and buttercream transfers. I have attached a copy of the cake. I want to do a different topper if anyone has ideas. Also, if I do a buttercream transfer, can I put on the side of the cake and it not fall off? The decorations are pretty simple so am willing to try fondant, but is there any recipes out there for cream cheese frosting that can use fondant on?
Also....I really like the letters in the name. Do you think they did it freehand?
I'm sorry for all the questions, but would really appreciate any help and advice.

2 replies
Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 3:30am
post #2 of 3

Oh this site there is a crusting cream cheese recipe.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 3

can't see the picture you attached? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%