Any Project Runway Fans???

Lounge By cakelady2266 Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 12:54pm by Karen421

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 10:31pm
post #31 of 60

Oh I can get the throwing people off thing, though I never thought of it before.

I was just saying, since that is saying Fashion week was over a month ago, those that were on the show are no longer filming and are free to read what ever they want.

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 12:09am
post #32 of 60

I was actually in New York the last couple days of Fashion Week. I even went to Lincoln Center, and I saw the venue, but didn't see anyone famous or any of the Project Runway cast - darn! The last day of Fashion Week was Sept. 15th, so the winner has been chosen and we just have to wait a few more weeks to find out who it is.

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 11:37pm
post #33 of 60

I'm still willing to go out on a limb and predict Anya as the winner. Not for her sewing skills (girl needs to learn how to put in a zipper) but more for her design ideas. Now that is just on planet me....In reality it will probably be Viktor.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 12:37pm
post #34 of 60

I agree, they seem to really love Anya, and yes she definitely needs zipper practice! (LOL) Im not sure about Victor? Who will be the third?

cakelady2266 Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 3:13pm
post #35 of 60

Kimberly without a doubt will be a finalist. If Joshua or Laura make it to the finals I will be surprised.

megpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megpi Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 5:21am
post #36 of 60

This season has been disappointing, I think it's my least favorite.

I like victor, especially after the "What Women Want"(husbands/boyfriends helping to design their partner's outfit) episode. I thought he should have won, his outfit was fantastic.

I like anya too, but I feel her stuff gets a bit repetitive, which was why it was nice to see something so different this last episode.

I'm still a bit upset about the Gretchen win last year, Mondo was a much better designer.

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 11:51am
post #37 of 60

I agree 100% with everything you said, megpie. I don't know why I haven't been able to get into this season the way I usually do. I enjoy it, but I'm not as excited about any of the designers as I have been in past seasons.

Karen421 Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 12:15pm
post #38 of 60

After last season, I swore I wasn't going to watch this season, and I think that may be why I can't get "attached" to any of the designers this year. I still can't figure out why they didn't chose Mondo, IMO he was the best designer.

cakelady2266 Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 2:55am
post #39 of 60

It's like that for me, I had that favorite season and nobody has come close since. There's just something different I can't put my finger on. Surely they couldn't have run out of talent for a show. I don't know but I think it was more cutting edge when it was on Bravo. I don't know if it's a talent issue or a personality thing I just can't make it work like it use to. And why are the judges being so "understanding" about sewing flaws (no zippers, people sewed into garments messy hems) I've seen people go home for less.

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 11:53am
post #40 of 60

I think some of it has to do with the challenges this year. I mean, stilt walkers? Come on, that is not something a designer would have to do in a million years! So the combination of lackluster challenges and average contestants is what's making this season my least favorite.

Karen421 Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 12:31pm
post #41 of 60

Maybe it is the challenges, but stilt walkers is still basically the same, except longer and flow-ier (is that a word?) icon_confused.gif . As 7yyrt said a page back, it's not that hard to put in a zipper and even if Anya doesn't have the skill level to do that, quickly, then why not hooks and eyes. I not sure that the judges know, the models are sew in. I don't know?? Maybe? Wonder what the challenge will be tonight??? icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 4:26pm
post #42 of 60

Too many partner challenges too. That just leads to drama, not cool clothes.

On that stilt challenge the judges didn't let them know what they wanted. Then they yelled at half of them for being 'costume-y'
Uh excuse me? Stilt walkers = costumes.

cakelady2266 Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 7:04pm
post #43 of 60

I'm not a team challenge fan, and there's been more this season than any other. I also didn't understand the episode where they designed one garment, then had to design another one, but could only show one on the runway. Seemed like a waste of money and time.

Now that they've had stilt walkers what's next - designing for clowns.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 7:49pm
post #44 of 60

Clowns sure - but afterward the judges will say "they all looked like they belonged in a circus"!

cakelady2266 Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 3:13am
post #45 of 60

Kinda surprised that Joshua made the cut. I'm not his biggest fan.

Karen421 Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 12:16pm
post #46 of 60

That was a tough decision!!! Anya was genius to choose Bert, he can make patterns and sew, which is her weakness! I'm not sure how I feel about Josh, he and Laura weren't very nice this season, but there designs were not terrible. However; IMO Josh's silver thing looked like his orange dress, from last week. Laura's gown and jacket were very intricate, I liked them, but that dress - what was she thinking??? The after show got really heated! Talk about being brutally honest!!!

cakelady2266 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 1:14am
post #47 of 60

That silver dress Joshua made looked like the statue of liberty. I liked Laura's jacket and the gown needed just a little more room to move in, but the dress was a sack. Some times I don't know what they are thinking.

I think Kimberly was spot on calling Anya and Laura out. I mean they had all their comments recorded they had to know it would come back to bite them.

Karen421 Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 2:33am
post #48 of 60

OK - I just don't like Joshua's attitude!!!!

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 3:10am
post #49 of 60

I'm really surprised at the turn things took tonight. Joshua's 3 pieces were actually better than I expected! They weren't kidding when they said that Anya choked - I hated all 3 pieces, including the dress that Nina and Michael loved. Kimberly's collection so far is hideous; the colors are awful and that skirt with the bubble butt was just awful. Viktor did a good job, though. Just my opinion!

cakelady2266 Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 3:24am
post #50 of 60

I think the judges were afraid they would get beat up if they sent Anya home, but she chocked big time. Joshua stuff looked better than I expected, until that black gown turned around, WTF. Kimberly's bubble butt dress was real real bad, I hated her colors too, it looked like 1987 threw up everywhere. Victor's did a good job, but he needs to quit trying to tack on a rock n roll element to his designs.

Karen421 Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 11:34am
post #51 of 60

I totally agree that Anya chocked, and Josh's and Victor's outfits were so much better! I just didn't like Josh's attitude, my philosophy is just be nice!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 1:37pm
post #52 of 60

I think if Josh thinks he is so much better than Anya, why is he even worried that she is getting to show? If he is all that, then he shouldn't have to worry about beating her, just beating Victor.

I kinda had a feeling they would take all of them when they were talking after the runway. And am not really surprised. They certainly aren't the first reality show to take more than the planned three.

cakelady2266 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 1:53am
post #53 of 60

Joshua keeps going on about how much time and money he spent in design school...I just don't see it in his design. But that is just me. And what was with Anya not having anything done when Tim came a calling? They had 5 weeks and at week 3 she hadn't done squat.

I got the feeling they would send all 4 to fashion week when the judges were nicer to them on the runway than they should have been. Since Kimberly and Anya's stuff was equally bad the judges couldn't decide the lesser of the two evils. They sent 4 to fashion week in season 3 and had 4 do mini collections in season 5 but then weeded out one.

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 2:07am
post #54 of 60

They actually sent 9 to Fashion Week so that no one would find out who the Top 3 (or 4) were. If you do a Google search, and you don't mind a spoiler, you can find all the collections. Anya and Kim's are actually a little better than the ones they showed on the show last night, and Joshua's was worse. I actually liked Bert's collection - too bad he wasn't even in contention for the prize!

Karen421 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 4:09am
post #55 of 60

I looked at all but the final 4, and I really liked Bert's also!

Karen421 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 4:10am
post #56 of 60

I looked at all but the final 4, and I really liked Bert's also!

cakelady2266 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 3:33am
post #57 of 60

Well surprise surprise. I thought Victor had it in the bag many episodes ago, but he was trying to hard to put out what he thought the judges wanted to see. Joshua's wasn't as heinous as I expected, but I didn't like it. Kimberly's was just more retro than anything else. Anya, well I was glad she won over Joshua.

I think they were all spoon feed by the judges. I hope to see better designers next season. Maybe the all stars will be great.

Karen421 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:13pm
post #58 of 60

All in all I am glad Anya won. Victor had some great pieces, but what was up with all the "bondage" pieces? I too hope next season is better. I am looking forward to the All Star version, but I'm worried it is going to be weird without Heidi and the normal judges. Any one watching Project Accessory?

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:43pm
post #59 of 60

I was really surprised that Anya won. Her dresses were pretty, but they all looked the same, and there wasn't a zipper, sleeve or button among them! I also thought Viktor was a shoe-in, but the changes he made at the end ruined it for him. The dress he showed the judges in the 3-look collection was much prettier than the see-through dress he replaced it with. To be honest, I wasn't really impressed with any of them, and I have to say that this was definitely my least favorite season. Here's hoping the next one will be much better! I have Project Accessory on DVR just to see what it's like, but I doubt I'll watch the whole season.

Karen421 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:54pm
post #60 of 60

I totally agree, I loved the sliver dress he showed the judges, what was he thinking! Oh Well - Heidi - loved some of his things, so I think he will be successful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%