Modeling Chocolate

Baking By asaye Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 2:29am by asaye

asaye Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 9

Just made modeling chocolate for the first time. I think I have too much corn syrup. Can I add more melted chocolate to it if I warm it up again? If not, is there any other way to firm it up a bit?

8 replies
auntginn Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 9

I don't think so. Is it to firm to work with? Try keeping it warm and knocking it a few seconds when it gets cold. You don't mention what you'll be using it for but even the warmth of your hands can help. Sorry, but hope this helps

asaye Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 9

I need it to be more firm. Right now it's just a blob that won't work with me. I'm trying to make a tree that will stand on a cake.

auntginn Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 9

Oh sorry! I misunderstood. More corn syrup will make it firmer. More chocolate will make it softer!

asaye Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 9

Really? I had no idea! Thank you so much! Your cakes are awesome, by the way! icon_smile.gif

carmijok Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 9:03pm
post #6 of 9

Also, did you let it set for 24 hours?

olleharr Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 9

I agree to let it set for a while. It should firm up pretty good. I spread mine out on a plastic wrap covered cookie sheet for a couple hours (at this point it is very greasy) then I ball it up and wrap it good and let it set for a day before using it.

auntginn Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 9:50pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you Asaye and yes, I didn't even ask if the c clay was still warm. Will make a difference. I agree to let it reach room temp first and then pop in fridge.

asaye Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 2:29am
post #9 of 9

I put it in a baggie and refrigerated it overnight. It's firm now, but after it sets out a while, I'll know more about it. Thank you all for your help. I hope this turns out well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%