Confused Please Help

Decorating By Mandyjb74 Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 11:03am by Jennifer353

Mandyjb74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandyjb74 Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to make a leaving cake for someone leaving my work but the party is also to welcome 2 new members of staff. Have any of you put these 2 things together on 1 cake?

6 replies
CarrotJockey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrotJockey Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 7

How about an "Aloha" theme, since it means both hello and goodbye? icon_smile.gif

Mandyjb74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandyjb74 Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 7

thats a great idea thanks

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 7

The person leaving has he/she been their a long time. I would make two cakes the same size (small cake is fine- same flavor or different)- one for the person - reason for leaving - retirement, new job, etc theme. The other cake is to welcome the two new employees. My reason they are two different celebrations, you can keep the color scheme similar but you are giving each a good goodby and welcome. Just a thought

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 7

I love the aloha idea

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 6:32pm
post #6 of 7

I like the aloha idea too...but just to add another idea...I saw a cake here on CC that was for someone leaving. here it is:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2051173

You could do two round cakes...one with the happy face and one the sad.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 11:03am
post #7 of 7

Could you do something like this? Clearly modifying the words... if you could still make them work so that when it is read from one side it says Goodbye/Goodluck or whatever and the other side it reads for the new comers?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%