Pls Need Your Input

Decorating By bobhope Updated 4 Oct 2011 , 3:31pm by bobhope

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 4

hello!.. i'm preparing cake for my daughter's 18th birthday bash.. her passion is film making .. & i need ideas on design pls

this is what i came up first:

design1
2 tier only..
on top of cake will be a figure of her in gp in jeans & shirt leaning on a director's chair
top cake will look like a film reel w/ pics of her in edible paper
bottom cake to look like a cinema lounge wall w/ movie posters in edible paper too

now i'm having 2nd thoughts because i don't think it will go well w/ the venue decor w/c will be glammed up ala hollywood.. i think design 1 is too casual for a formal affair..

so i came up w/ this
design 2
celebrant's figure on top cake but she will be dressed in long gown (will replicate her gown design)
top cake will have the movie posters
bottom cake will have the film reel design minus her pictures

i plan to separate the 2 tiers to incorporate the crystals just like the one on this photo

what do you all design genius out there think? icon_smile.gif ..is there any way, i can incorporate the director's chair into design 2? or would it look too casual?..color motif are black, silver & burgundy

any design ideas will be highly appreciated...

thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

bobbie[img][/img]

3 replies
BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 4

You can still incorporate it with director's chair, just bling the chair out, rhinestones around the chair/name spelled in rhinestones, also, you can do the fotos in black and white which will give it a glam look, GL!

bobhope Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by margiep

You can still incorporate it with director's chair, just bling the chair out, rhinestones around the chair/name spelled in rhinestones, also, you can do the fotos in black and white which will give it a glam look, GL!

hmm.. that's a good idea you have there margiep ..thanks ...bling it on the chair! icon_smile.gif

bobhope Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 4

hmm ... any more inputs/ideas? .. anyone? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%