Pound Cake Recipe As Layer Cake And Cupcakes

Baking By Minddy78 Updated 4 Oct 2011 , 12:23pm by Alery

Minddy78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minddy78 Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 11:57am
post #1 of 3

I LOVE pound cake. I think that is why I love Publix (supermarket chain in the South East) cake so much. It seems almost like pound cake texture. I have been trying my hand at baking a decorating a bit but I've been disappointed because I just can't seem to get this texture. I've tried "densing up" cake recipes by adding pudding, more eggs, and using buttermilk. But it still isn't quite right. I'm pretty sure Publix also freezes their cakes so perhaps that changes the texture a bit too.

Can anyone suggest a recipe that I could use for layer cakes and cupcakes that will give me that pound cake texture? I've found lots of pound recipes online but I wasn't sure if they would need to be tweaked at all for non loaf type applications.

Thanks

2 replies
MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 3

I live in the south Georgia and have a Publix. You can actually go in and buy un-iced cakes and cupcakes. They aren't baked in the store. Not sure where they get them from.

Alery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alery Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 12:23pm
post #3 of 3

I use my pound cake recipe in my regular cake pans for layer cakes all the time, have never changed the recipe. I haven't tried it with cupcakes.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%