Wedding Cupcakes

Baking By melonball Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 1:44pm by melonball

melonball Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 11:44am
post #1 of 18

I am making cupcakes this weekend for my friends wedding.
She is coming over tomorrow to finalize details etc.
I have a 7 tier stand which another friend is making a cake to top it.
I am doing 2 different flavors cupcakes in 3 different colour cases, here's my question would you suggest having one colour case for each tier or mix them up across all tiers?

17 replies
Treena Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 18

I would leave the "look" up to the Bride!

sillywabbitz Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:01pm
post #3 of 18

What are the colors? If it's a more modern sleek wedding I would do one color per tier. If it's more fun and casual I would mix up the colors. . I agree the bride may want to make that decision.

melonball Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 10:21am
post #4 of 18

Its red with rose swirl and 3 red flowers, pink with rose swirl and 3 pink flowers and silver with a rose swirl and glitter.

sillywabbitz Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 18

Those colors are vet complimentary so if the bride doesn't care I'd mix them. That way you don't have to worry about having enough of one color to do an entire tier. I'm sure it will beautiful either way.

sillywabbitz Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 1:50pm
post #6 of 18

Those colors are vet complimentary so if the bride doesn't care I'd mix them. That way you don't have to worry about having enough of one color to do an entire tier. I'm sure it will beautiful either way.

Jennifer353 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 18

Not answering your question (for that I think I'd go with sillywabbitz's opinion) but if there are three colours and two flavours will the colours/flavours be mixed? If they are, will there be a way for guests to distinguish what flavour they are getting?
I dont think I'm explaining that clearly!

melonball Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 4:17pm
post #8 of 18

I knew what you mean, Red will be vanilla as thats her main colour then chocolate will be pink and silver.

Well she has decided one colour per tier.
But now my mixer broke this morning and I'm struggling to find a replacement at very short notice, I really don't want to have to make them with a wooden spoon I'll be there for years!! agrh!!

imagenthatnj Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 5:12pm
post #9 of 18

melonball, one of the best chocolate recipes out there, hardly requires mixing. There's no creaming of eggs and sugar. It's the reverse creaming method and it's moist and delicious. I make cupcakes with it and sometimes I don't even turn my mixer on for it.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/chocolate-peanut-butter-cake/

You might have to find this kind of recipe in case you can't find a replacement! I do hope you find one. Good luck!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-706229-.html&sid=eec08cb4ef9e249ffdecbfe1580a9b6b

melonball Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 6:33pm
post #10 of 18

Thanks for the recipe suggestion, I'll definatly be giving it a try!! Thankfully I just managed to get a new mixer phew!! Of course it cost twice the price of the other one, hopefully this one won't die!
Tomorrow the baking begins! Quite excited!! ha ha

melonball Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 3:35pm
post #11 of 18

Well the cakes are done.
Several spanners were thrown in the works;
The mixer broke
Threw 12 eggs across the kitchen
Dropped icing on the floor
The batteries in the scales died

Now I just have to deliver and set them up tomorrow!

Hope that goes ok, taking my Mum to help!!

Love every min of doing it, hopefully one day it'll pay the bills!!

imagenthatnj Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 3:42pm
post #12 of 18

melonball, I thought you got a new mixer! Who threw the 12 eggs across the kitchen? You? lol

It will get easier. Hope it all goes well with the delivery and set up. Good luck!

melonball Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 4:54pm
post #13 of 18

I did. That's how I spilt the eggs! The new
One is loads more powerful than the old one, went to mix
Eggs in jug and they started to spill and of course not used to it and turned it on faster hence they went everywhere!! Hey ho!!

imagenthatnj Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 4:59pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonball

I did. That's how I spilt the eggs! The new
One is loads more powerful than the old one, went to mix
Eggs in jug and they started to spill and of course not used to it and turned it on faster hence they went everywhere!! Hey ho!!

Are you talking about a Black & Decker black hand mixer?

melonball Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 5:03pm
post #15 of 18

Not it's a kenwood k-mix but gone from 200w to 400w

imagenthatnj Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 5:06pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonball

Not it's a kenwood k-mix but gone from 200w to 400w

OK. I thought it was that crazy one that has speeds so powerful that everything flies. My mixer is 1,000W but I've never been to the highest speed 12. I use only 1 and 2 most of the time! Well, good luck with your set up, and post pictures later!

melonball Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 5:16pm
post #17 of 18

Oooooooohh 1000w I wish I had one!!
Will post photos tomorrow, after an afternoon of frosting cupcakes and watching cake boss I'm having a cake free evening at the ice hockey, except we suck!!

melonball Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 1:44pm
post #18 of 18

All delivered no prob;ems with mine, the top tier (made by another friend) was another matter!! I had to fix that one!!

Can't upload a picture for some reason though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%