Bought Dh Butter Golden Mix By Mistake!! Pls Help!

Baking By soledad Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 4:32am by EricasCakeCreations

soledad Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:14am
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone! I have never bake DH Butter golden mix ! How does it taste?
I have an ingredient only charge cake for Sunday. I am baking today because I leave on WED for S Carolina to see my daughter. I am worry about the taste, could I add another flavor, I have orange or strawberry flavorings extracts. Pls help icon_sad.gif
Thank you in advance for your help!

3 replies
UrsCor82 Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 5:39am
post #2 of 4

Hello Soledad!

I have made that mix before and it does taste fine. It definitely has a buttery flavor to it but it's good for the most part.

Were you planning on using another flavor? I don't think you need to add any flavoring. Are you adding a filling? Why don't you just make your own mix to be sure that you will approve of the flavor.

soledad Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 6:51am
post #3 of 4

UrsCor 82, thank you for your reply. I was only requested vanilla for Noah's Ark
and chocolate for the sea. I only buy Classic Yellow cake mix for the vanilla.
I did a small size pan to try the flavor, if I do not like it, I will have to get up tomorrow very early icon_sad.gif to get the box mixes I need for Noah's Ark.
The filling will be Vanilla buttercream.(Crisco) The cake for the sea is already made. No filling on that one , it is a one layer sheet cake (12x1icon_cool.gif

My sample is almost done.

Thank you , Ciao.

EricasCakeCreations Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:32am
post #4 of 4

It should be perfectly fine to use that cake mix. I use all kinds of store bought cake mixes. It will stay moist and yummy icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%