Tiara Question

Decorating By Alexix Updated 4 Oct 2011 , 6:38am by The_Puzzler

Alexix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alexix Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:08am
post #1 of 4

I want to make a tiara for a cake. I'm going to practice this week, but the cake is for the 17th. I've seen tutorials on royal icing and chocolate, it doesn't seem very hard. My questions are if I make one this week, and they come out good, can I keep them for the 17th? Will the chocolate melt or spoil?
How would I use an extruder to make a tiara? Any other tips?

Thank you!

3 replies
sunnyca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnyca Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:28am
post #2 of 4

I made a royal icing tiara last week and it was pretty easy. RI tiara's will last forever as long as you don't get water on them or break them! No tips on chocolate or any other tiaras. But I have read that chocolate tiara's are easier than the RI ones.

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 6:13am
post #3 of 4

i have made a tiara from royal and from extruded fondant/gum paste, both in the same basic pattern. I think that i like the extruded fondant better, i could sit it upon buttercream and didn't have to worry about it breaking down as easily.

When using the extruder, I just make the 'strings' then lay them down on the pattern that is covered with parchment and taped onto a can. Use vodka or lemon extract with a paintbrush to glue the contact points together. Once it has hardened a bit, then I can slide it off the can and let it dry the rest of the way.

The_Puzzler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Puzzler Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 6:38am
post #4 of 4

I used the extruder just like lorieleann. It was really simple and kept for weeks. They can be fragile so take care.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%