Help..

Decorating By cathyrose Updated 4 Oct 2011 , 4:33am by bakingkat

cathyrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyrose Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 2:52am
post #1 of 5

i am going to be making a rv cake with cream cheese filling for appox 75 to 100 people... not a wedding cake.. the bday girl wants it decorated in fondant.. how do i store this as i can not put the fondant cake in the fridge?

4 replies
srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 3:03am
post #2 of 5

Is there a specific reason you can't put the fondant cake in the fridge? I do it all the time.

cathyrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyrose Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 3:59am
post #3 of 5

idk... i thought that if u put the fondant cake in the fridge it makes it sweat and messes up the design... is this not true

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:18am
post #4 of 5

No too much, in a freezer YES in a frig not too bad if you keep it in a cool place. I keep my house at 65 and it is never a problem. Be really careful about cream cheese icing it can be a p.i.t.a. be sure to use the recipe found here. I used the regular recipe, cream cheese, butter,powdered sugar, vanilla and it just is a beast to work with using fondant, I was warned but thought a better flavor was more important. The second tier on the last wedding cake I posted. THE BUMPY TIER as soon as it got the slightest bit warm it drooped, even after settling for 5 hours!

bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:33am
post #5 of 5

Use a crusting cream cheese that is found here. I think the crucial missing word in the above post was *crusting*. icon_smile.gif It all depends on the fondant, i've found that most do pretty well in the fridge, I use MFF and have no problems, and I know tons of people put MMF in the fridge without problems. It also depends on comercial or regual fridge and boxed or not etc. You just gotta find what works for you. icon_smile.gif Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%