Any Ideas For A Twix Flavored Cake?

Baking By CakelynsFinest Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 8:25pm by SandiOh

CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 2:12am
post #1 of 10

I have to make a bridal shower cake next weekend and the bride to be loves Twix. I am trying to look for a recipe but can't find one. I found a recipe for graham cracker cake but don't know how it would come out. Was thinking that with caramel filling and chocolate ganache would sound nice. Anyone have any ideas? I also can not use actually Twix bars to decorate because of the design of the cake. Thanks!

9 replies
sistercarey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sistercarey Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 2:27am
post #2 of 10

I have try and love twix with brownie mix. Make your brownie acording to the package, then put the twix at the bottom of the pan. I know it's not a cake, but you may want to make a cake in the shape of a twix candy bar. Or chocolate cake with twix between the layers.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 10

Caramel cake with chocolate filling? Not sure how you could incorporate the shortbread without it going soft in/against the cake...

Cake_Nurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Nurse Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:12pm
post #4 of 10

What if you mashed graham crackers and mixed with some melted butter and shaped to your cake design, let harden and then covered in ganache that hardens so that it won't get soggy. Make a chocolate cake and use a caramel filling.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 10

Twix is a shortbread cookie with caramel and milk chocolate.

I would do a simple poundcake with vanilla. Keep the vanilla to a minimum. The butter flavor and vanilla need to work together in this.

Make a good caramel filling.

Milk chocolate ganache, not semi-sweet.

Those are the flavors and the best way I can think of the make it a cake.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 8:07am
post #6 of 10

I made a Snickers cake for my son and it was really good. I know you can't decorate with Twix candy bars but what I did was chopped the candy bars really small and sprinkled it on top of my filling. I would probably use a yellow cake with a caramel mousse, chopped Twix bars and cover in a milk chocolate ganache.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 8:19am
post #7 of 10

You can chop up the candy bar, BUT freeze it before you put it in the batter or the chocolate and the components of the bar will be lost in the batter.

I too have made brownies. The first time, the bars disappeared. The second time was when I froze them and put them in the batter. This time they were soft, but intact. For the brownies, I didn't chop them.

CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 10

I was also thinking of chopping up some twix bars and incorporating it into the filling. Thanks for the tip about freezing them. Anyone have a good recipe for a caramel mousse filling? That sounds yummy!

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 8:22pm
post #9 of 10

I've thought about a twix cake before..it's my favorite candy bar. I think alot of the appeal of Twix is the crunch of the shortbread.
So....what about making a cookie crust in your pan before baking the chocolate cake, so the cake sits on the cookie crunch...then caramel and ganache(milk chocolate)as fillings?

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 8:25pm
post #10 of 10

...or vanilla or caramel cake would work too...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%