I'm Going To Be A Wilton Method Instructor, Tips And Advice

Lounge By Alexix Updated 4 Oct 2011 , 2:31pm by TexasSugar

Alexix Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone, I just got signed up as a Wilton Method Instructor for Hobby Lobby that is opening up in or city this week. Im so excited and so nervous. My supervisor emailed me today that my kits are in the mail. I dont know where to even begin. I already have 5 people telling me they want to take a class. The store opens up on Friday, should I try contacting the manager now, even if its not opened yet. Do I wait for my kit before? ANY tips, advice, for now and my first class, would be greatly appreciated. I looked online and noticed that stores will be starting their next courses the first week of November. I want to be prepared and start getting people interested in them.
Thank you in advance!

1 reply
TexasSugar Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 2

Alexix, If you have the manager's number I would call him and ask about a meeting, if anything to introduce yourself to him. He may be really busy with the opening, but it shows pro-activeness for you.

Use the month of Oct to promote your classes. I'm not sure how HL handles displays, but they can be a great way to get people interested in the classes or at least let them know there are classes. Flyers in the Wilton aisles can also help.

There are some past posts on here that have information about being a WMI.

You can also head over to the Yahoo E Group for WMIs. Send an email to WiltonMI-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Selina will ask you a few questions then get you set up on the board. icon_smile.gif

Congrats! Good luck, and remember to have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%