Double Bridal Shower - Put On Your Thinking Caps!

Decorating By RnZmom Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 4:49am by MamaDear

RnZmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RnZmom Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to come up with an cake idea for a double bridal shower happening on the same day (one couple in the morning, refreshemnts, second couple in afterwards).

The first couple's colors are black and hot pink.
Second couple's colros are fall colors.

Anyone have any great ideas for combining these into some sort of cake that makes sense and isn't horrible to look at? I am stumped!

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

7 replies
QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 8

Oh geez! I'm with ya on that one! Black/hot pink and fall colors?!?! Here's a bump to see what you get!icon_smile.gif

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:36am
post #3 of 8

Just to be sure we understand, it's one cake? The cake will be cut by the first couple? So the afternoon couple have to serve a half -eaten cake?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:09am
post #4 of 8

I think you should see this thread. It's about a cake for a double baby shower, but I think the ideas are applicable.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-732727-baby.html+shower

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:16am
post #5 of 8

Yeah...why don't they do two different cakes. That is weird to serve a half eaten cake and have that on display. Or are all the same guests gonna be there and no cake til the end of the second? I am confused.

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:47am
post #6 of 8

I too am confused as to why there is one cake but to each his own.

Okay, excuse this horrible paintbrush rendering but imagine,

The tree on top is full of fall leaves in brown, burnt orange and deep rosy pink.
Maybe even a few tiny gebera daisies growing in the patch of grass around it.
Maybe, depending on size, two heart and intial carvings with the couples names on it.

The pink and black tier is piped lacy flowers and scattered swiss dots. The flowers have black centers and there is a bow (either fondant or satin) at the bottom of the layers. this tier could be round or square, up to you.

Sitting on the top of the bottom cake on either sides are figures (not black stick figures but actual modeled figures) of each bride and groom, they could be in wedding attire or casual dress according to color scheme. You could even put individual acknowledgements on each side (Congrats Ricky and Lucy, Congrats Ethel and Fred)

The bottom is chocolate fondant covered or chocolate buttercream smoothed with some kind of reference to Spring (Pink) and Fall (Brown) that ties it together. Gebera daisies could be placed at the bottom of the bottom tier (you can get them in pink, black, orange, brown) or a ribbon at the bottom.

Apologies again for the horrible looking drawing but didnt think I could get my point across without some kind of reference. Lets hope the thing actually attaches itself. Good Luck!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=292537020774299&set=a.292537010774300.84356.100000540090075&type=3&theater

quote on cake supposed to say CoupleS...

MamaDear Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:48am
post #7 of 8

duplicate post.. sorry icon_cry.gif

MamaDear Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:49am
post #8 of 8

apologies again... dang internet.

but while I am here.. as a last ditch effort, why not do a cupcake tree if that is suitable with alternating layers of pink/black and brown/orange/pink gebera daisies. Find some kind of ribbon or something that would coordinate with each.

Sorry but while I am duplicating I might as well offer something else to "chew" on.

HTH Happy Caking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%