Creating A "gift Card" / Coupon" .. Need Your

Business By CiNoRi Updated 3 Oct 2011 , 4:02pm by jason_kraft

CiNoRi Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 4

Hi guys!

I need to put together a giftcard/ coupon as a donation fora fundraiser this week. I was hoping to get your thoughts on the "legal stuff" just want to make sure i cover my bases and don't inevitably "shoot my self in the foot "lol

So the card would be for $50 off an order of $100 or more.

Can you all think of anything i should write up on the back for my legal info? Im thinking right now the basic stuff of "Original card must be presented at time of order", "No copies of the card are permitted", "Card is not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen", ETC

Should I put an expiration date of like a year out?

What do you all think? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!

3 replies
cakegirl1973 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 4

Just a couple of thoughts--yes, you should put an expiration date on the gift certificate. Also, I would put in language that the recipient's cake order is subject to the baker's availability and that you recommend that all orders be placed at least 2 weeks prior to the date of pick-up. You also may want to put that the cost of delivery is a separate charge. Hope this helps!

TexasSugar Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 4

I would put an expiration date, and I would put ordering information, such as orders need to be placed XYZ weeks before date needed. Plus maybe a 'date subject to availability."

jason_kraft Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 4

You should also include a unique redemption code on each coupon, and keep track of which codes have already been redeemed to make sure each coupon can only be used once.

Also, if this is a charitable donation you may just want to make it a straight $50 gift certificate with no minimum, donations usually don't have strings attached. And don't forget to deduct the $50 as an advertising expense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%