Gum Paste Girl Tutorial

Decorating By bobhope Updated 4 Oct 2011 , 12:14pm by bobhope

bobhope Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:09am
post #1 of 9

hello! can anyone please, please direct me to a GOOD GUM PASTE TURTORIAL on how to make a girl..i've searched & searched but all i get are some cartoonish looking tutorials ... pretty please icon_smile.gif

thank you!!!

bobbie

8 replies
UrsCor82 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:15am
post #2 of 9

Have you tried looking at the clay molds found at Michaels or other craft stores? They look pretty realistic and you can use it with gumpaste or fondant too! Something like this...

http://www.sculpey.com/products/tool/sculpey-push-mold-woman

It just give you the body parts and to piece them together. They aren't very big but they look pretty realistic. Just a though icon_smile.gif

bobhope Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:25am
post #3 of 9

yup i did look into them.. but i need a bigger girl figure to stand on my cake..it has to be done free hand..i've done people before but i'm not that happy/satisfied... i wanna improve on how i make them icon_smile.gif ... sigh! ...thanks anyway, UrsCor82

UrsCor82 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:28am
post #4 of 9

I can't say I have seen any cakes thus far with realistic people figures that were good. Good luck and if I see anything I will post it icon_smile.gif

bobhope Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:39am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsCor82

I can't say I have seen any cakes thus far with realistic people figures that were good. Good luck and if I see anything I will post it icon_smile.gif

thank you icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

tarabara Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 5:18am
post #6 of 9

My computer freaked out on me so I don't think it posted the first time I wrote this...sorry if it shows up twice. Although I've seen some pretty impressive figures on here, I haven't seen any tutorials. One user said that they had used a 'make your own' silicone mold to make the face and used a Barbie head to shape the mold. Doesn't help with the rest of the body but could be useful for the face.

bobhope Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 5:29am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarabara

My computer freaked out on me so I don't think it posted the first time I wrote this...sorry if it shows up twice. Although I've seen some pretty impressive figures on here, I haven't seen any tutorials. One user said that they had used a 'make your own' silicone mold to make the face and used a Barbie head to shape the mold. Doesn't help with the rest of the body but could be useful for the face.

thanks tara.. i've also taken into consideration using barbie or other slightly bigger doll head to make this... thanks icon_smile.gif

Price Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 12:41am
post #8 of 9

Aine2 (Lorraine McKay) is amazing and has online tutorials.

bobhope Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 12:14pm
post #9 of 9

thanks price icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%