Anyone Used Stack-A-Cake By Cakethings?

Decorating By MrsL Updated 3 Oct 2011 , 5:28am by GracieJean

MrsL Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 12:59am
post #1 of 2

I'm a hobby baker and can't do the more expensive CakeSafe (and similiar) products. I ran across this product though and am thinking of ordering it. Seems like it might be a good alternative for me, but just wanted to know if anyone else has used it.

I've only done 2 tiered cakes so far, and I used dowels to support the weight of the top tier but was nervous during delivery since there wasn't a dowel all the way through both cakes. I think this might help me be a bit more confident while delivering. Maybe I'll really step it up a notch and try a 3 tier thumbs_up.gif

1 reply
GracieJean Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 5:28am
post #2 of 2

A few months ago when I first started checking out the wonderful world of cakes I came across a video on YouTube (well, several actually) that showed how to stack a cake using only dowels. The best one I remember was from someone who is actually a member on here. Here is the link to her video

I think she is awesome, I love her videos, and have learned a lot from her. This is the way I will be stacking my cakes. I am just starting out and still getting some tools and whatnot together. I actually have my first attempt sitting on the counter right now cooling. I will be covering them in fondant tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

P.S. Before you buy anything expensive, try to think outside the box. I keep telling myself that because I have found so many great ideas online and substitutions for things I thought I HAD to have but were costly. There are a lot of frugal and crafty people out there who love to share their ideas. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%