Which Is Better??? Regular Fondant Or Buttercream Fondant???

Decorating By bellosoc Updated 4 Oct 2011 , 9:01pm by bellosoc

bellosoc Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 8

I am new in decorating cakes, and I saw two differents kind of fondant which one is better in decorating I have never bought buttercream fondant should I give it a try???? or it is too hard to work with it...?????

7 replies
Cupcations Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 8

Both are the same but taste different. IMO butter cream tastes better.

HTH

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 8

Honestly I haven't noticed any difference in the taste.

jules5000 Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 8

I didn't even know you could buy buttercream fondant. I thought you had to make it. I have made michelle's updated fondant a couple of times and it seems very nice to work with. I think that I am going to use a little more powedered sugar the next time I make it. Mine still seems a little too sticky. I have used all that she calls for and done it exactly by her directions. I am thinking that it could be the humidity in my area affects it. Even if it is not a humid day per se. It can even be one of our drier days and still affect it....I am very careful when I make it that it is not on a big humidity day.

AnnieCahill Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 8

Jules, I think Satin Ice makes a buttercream fondant, and I may have seen it in Duff's brand as well.

Annie

cakegirl1973 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Jules, I think makes a buttercream fondant, and I may have seen it in Duff's brand as well.

Annie

I have tried Duff's buttercream fondant, and it tastes very good. But, I wouldn't say that it tastes like buttercream. I use Michelle Foster's fondant recipe for all my fondant cakes. It is not that hard to make (but it is a little time consuming) and it tastes great.

jeartist Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 3:30pm
post #7 of 8

Wouldn't adding a little vanilla, butter and almond flavoring to regular fondant when making result in the same thing? I usually just use clear vanilla but might try this next time.

bellosoc Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 9:01pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much for your messages is nice to have help. I did try the buttercream one but to be honest I haven't taste my cakes I make them and decorate them but I don't know what the fondant taste like I just want my friends to be happy with the flavors. thanks soo much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%