Help!!!!!!

Baking By SPODN Updated 20 Oct 2011 , 5:06pm by SPODN

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making a carrot cake for a shower tomorrow. The bride doesn't generally like cream cheese frosting so I thought I'd try a comibination. I followed the recipe for swiss merangue butter cream and substitued some of the butter with cream cheese. Its has been beating for an hour and still has not come together completely. Still lookes currdled. Any one able to advise or should I trash it.

3 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 4

I think you're going to have to trash it.

Check this link. From what I've read, you should really make your SMBC first and then you add cream cheese to it. I use FromScratchSFs SMBC and love it. I haven't tried her cream cheese SMBC but I'm sure it's great. What I have done when I make a carrot cake is make a white chocolate cream cheese american buttercream which is based on IndyDebi's recipe and it is awesome.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=711181&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

This is the recipe I use. It's part way down on page 3 I think.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=685989&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=30

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 4

I'm probably too late to this thread but maybe this info will help you for the next time.

When I want to make cream cheese SMBC, I make my regular recipe of SMBC. I then whip up some cream cheese and slowly add my SMBC to the whipped cream cheese, beating after each addition.

I find that if I add the SMBC to the cc instead of the other way around, the SMBC doesn't break down and curdle.

I add approx 6oz of cream cheese to my 6 egg white SMBC recipe.

HTH

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the help. I tried it 2 different ways. The first was a disaster the second worked out fine. However, I was in such a panic when the first try wouldn't firm up I didn't keep track of what I did the second time. I know I made a regular swill butter cream and added some cc to that but don't know in what order I did it. icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%