Cupcake Competition. .help!!

Decorating By forheavenscake Updated 2 Oct 2011 , 2:01am by crumbcake

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 12:48am
post #1 of 9

Ok. . I have a competition coming up and I cannot for the life of me decide on a design and flavor. At first I thought we were aloud 3 flavors and designs. .but just found out we are only aloud ONE!! So there's no second chances.

I need a design that is STUNNING and eye catching. I work with fondant so I really wanna do this one up!!!

And as far as flavor goes, I want something decadent and delicious that you can't only have one bite of. . something that will make them want more and make my cupcake stand out over the other 14 competitors.

The competition is December 3rd so it's Holiday time. . .kinda thinking about white chocolate peppermint. . but I think I want something more "warm" than the peppermint.

Anyway. . .designs. . .flavors. . .HELP???!!!!!

8 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 2:38am
post #2 of 9

Your best tool is Google images...just start putting in cupcake keywords and look what comes up...then take several design elements that you like and combine them into your own.

Then go to Allrecipes and look for highly rated recipes to try out.

Good luck!

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 2:55am
post #3 of 9

Putting our thinking caps on for you, white chocolate peppermint sounds good. Good luck!

crumbcake Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 2:57am
post #4 of 9

Thinking Christmas.....your idea white chocolate, how about eggnog, or something gingerbread, of course the red velvet, just for the color and then some unique icing.

forheavenscake Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks guys! Ok . .here's what I've thought of so far. .what do you think???

As far as presentation goes, I'm thinking teacup. . .I prefer the vintage look, so was going to make a saucer and drape pearls around the cup and saucer and paint the cup all nice and fancy etc. . .

As far as flavor goes. . since it's in a teacup/coffee cup. .what about a Gingerbread Latte Cupcake??

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by slparker

Thanks guys! Ok . .here's what I've thought of so far. .what do you think???

As far as presentation goes, I'm thinking teacup. . .I prefer the vintage look, so was going to make a saucer and drape pearls around the cup and saucer and paint the cup all nice and fancy etc. . .

As far as flavor goes. . since it's in a teacup/coffee cup. .what about a Gingerbread Latte Cupcake??

Well, my immediate response was........ I want to try it. I think that's a very good thing.

As I was reading through the posts, I was thinking about making a Christmas Ornament cupcake, but I'll bet there will be a bunch of them. Then I got to your idea, and I did immediately want to try it.

forheavenscake Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 11:23pm
post #7 of 9

@ cownsj - Thanks! Well, I guess I will play around with that recipe and see how I like it. If you guys have any other thoughts please let me know!!

Thanks!!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 9

Glad I could help. Now, my later reaction is: I still want to try that cupcake. If you can put the recipe together the way you want, I think you have a killer combo, period; but especially at the holiday season. Let us know how your recipe is coming along.

Wishing you lots of luck and success.

crumbcake Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 2:01am
post #9 of 9

The whole concept sounds good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%