Edible Printer

Decorating By rr2sweet Updated 25 Oct 2011 , 4:48pm by A-Sweater-Poorly-Knit

rr2sweet Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 6

Hi I was considering getting an edible printer but just wanted to make sure I would get the right thing. Is it true that you can get any canon regular printer like the Canon Pixma MX410 and turn it into an edible printer just by using the edible ink?

5 replies
icingimages Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 10:41am
post #2 of 6

The printer must be new comparable. The printer you referenced is not compatible. Please read this topic that I posted about choosing an edible printer. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-731657.html

diane Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 6

I bought 2 canon edible image printers and both died on me after one year. I later bought an epson and have had no problems with it.

icingimages Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 6

Some people do have luck with Epsons, but as an edible printer sales and service company, I have to service what I sell. My job is to use and abuse, break and fix the printers. I tried really hard to get the Epsons to work, but I was able to break them too easily, clog them easily and I couldn't get them fixed. I found that servicing and reliability of the Canon printer was much better on the Canon and when I broke them...on purpose, I was able to get them fixed.

icingimages Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 6
Originally Posted by A-Sweater-Poorly-Knit

Make sure that you clean your printer before using edible ink as the ink you used before could be toxic. To check if the ink in a specific printer ink is toxic check out this blog article at: inkfarm .com /printer-ink--toxic without the spaces.

Actually, you should NEVER swap out inks. If you use your printer with non edibles, do not convert, you cannot thoroughly clean the printer without refurbishing it completely which would not be economical. You MUST start with a NEW clean printer. With peoples allergies, you could cause harm to them, its just not worth the risk.

A-Sweater-Poorly-Knit Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 6

Oh ok definitely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%