How To Package Cupcakes For Individual Sale???

Baking By zinger60 Updated 3 Oct 2011 , 4:09am by Bakedivas

zinger60 Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to have a booth at a local event in November. I am going to be selling mainly cupcakes but I am not sure how to package them to sell individually. This will be an outside event where people will be walking around so I am thinking that people will buy one at a time and eat them as soon as they buy them. Any ideas? I also am not sure how to transport them to the venue without them getting all messed up.

4 replies
DeeDelightful Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 5

Cost efficient method: Transport them in sheet cake boxes. A 14 x 19 box and board will hold up to 35 cupcakes. Serve them on a napkin OR on a napkin and place inside of a brown paper lunch bag. A local cupcake shop packages theirs that way.

Expensive method: Transport them in special cupcake containers/boxes and also serve in boxes made for one cupcake.

I would guess most people are going to eat it right away and you will probably sell more if they don't have a place to tuck it away and save it for later. They will have to come back and buy another one to take home.

Lovelyladylibra Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 5

So the cupcake boxes aren't expensive if you know where to look. If you like pink or brown boxes go to we sell coffee they sell them individually. There is a thread here and someone was purchasing clear "cupcake baggies" that had the hold in it also. it was 100 bags with liners for 20 dollars.... pretty cheap to me. I wouldn't put them in a paper bag, it'll mess them up and then all your hard work goes to waste.

amaryllis756 Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 10:05am
post #4 of 5

Don't bet on them buying only one and eating it there. Some do, but in my experience, most don't, could be different for you. The first time I did a farmers market, I wasn't prepared for some taking them home for the family, and was stuck without containers to put them in. BIG MISTAKE! I go to GFS and buy the styrafoam containers. I get the "hamburger, single serve size, and " the take out meal" size. I can get 2 cupcakes, if I am careful, and they are smaller cupcakes, into the single serve size, and 4 into the larger styrofoam size. That was a hard lesson to learn. As far as containers to take them in. I use a double layer plastic boxes I get from Target, the only place I can find them, at a reasonable price. And my husband makes inserts for them out of foam core with holes for a dozen cupcakes. Haven't had too many problems. other than my 11 year old granddaughter dropping a dozen once. I just love her so much, she felt so so bad, I didn't even have the heart to say anything to her, except that it was ok. She almost cried herself too.

Bakedivas Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:09am
post #5 of 5

You can go to to get the plastic containers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%