Refrigerating Fonant Cakes

Decorating By snazzycakes1 Updated 4 Oct 2011 , 1:57pm by brown_suga

snazzycakes1 Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 10

okay so i have always been very worried about putting cakes with ANY fondant on them in the fridge. in fear that they might sweat, but i have been reading a lot of peoples posts that mention refridgerating their cakes even with fondant! does anyone have any advice! cuz i am always waking up super early in the morning to get my cakes out of the fridge so i can finish up with the fondant parts! lol this is a hastle and probably not necessary. your thoughts would be greatly appreciated! thanx

9 replies
MayWest Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 10

Have no fear. Put them in the fridge.

Cakeopoly Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 10

I put mine in the fridge too. They do sweat when they first come out, but if you don't touch them they are perfectly fine.

mommynana Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeopoly

I put mine in the fridge too. They do sweat when they first come out, but if you don't touch them they are perfectly fine.

Exactly, What i say.

mplaidgirl2 Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 12:34am
post #5 of 10

I can't imagine not putting them in the fridge. Makes delivery feel safer.

Oreobo Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 12:46am
post #6 of 10

I also put mine in the refrigerator. Haven't had any problems.

bakerliz Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 12:13pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeopoly

thumbs_up.gif

snazzycakes1 Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 10

even with the whole cake covered in fondant?

Cakewishes Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 1:29pm
post #9 of 10

Yeap - whole cake, decorations and all. When it first comes out of the fridge it will sweat a bit, but leave it alone and it will dry up and be fine.

brown_suga Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 1:57pm
post #10 of 10

I also put mine in the fridge. I only have a problem with sweating in the summer time. (I'm in NYC) for added security you can put it in the fridge in a closed cake box, when you take it out just let it sit in the box until it comes to room temp without touching it or peeking in. icon_smile.gif this should prevent sweating completely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%