Ate The Cake Off The Floor

Decorating By MBCOMER Updated 1 Nov 2011 , 3:04am by sleepiesaturn

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 3:14pm
post #31 of 37

cownj: Yea, I guess I wasn't thinking. I have had pets, but it's been a while so I have forgotten how fast they are to react if they are around at the time of the accident. We had a huge dog which after one incident decided that he would get to sleep in the basement in the winter time, but otherwise he was an outside dog. So I do tend to forget that they help you clean up quickly. I was thinking more along the line of no hair on the floor from shedding animals as to why I would allow a little more time before I picked it up and ate it. I would like to have another dog, but it will still be awhile before that happens.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 5:24am
post #32 of 37

I saw on Myth Busters or some such show that it takes about 30 seconds before the food really gets dirty on the floor. But double dipping shows about a billion germs after about ten minutes. I have 4 kids and my floor is pretty gross at times, but we would have eaten it off the floor, just not the part that touched the floor! thumbs_up.gif

Annabakescakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 5:25am
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

That is SO cute! Awww....

One time as a teenager...a friend and I were making a big pot of spaghetti to feed a couple families as they were moving out. It was an apartment area...so we finished up the spaghetti and each took a handle and started to haul it outside to go to the next door apartment. Suddenly, we dropped it and spaghetti dumped all over! We had NO more food because their family was moving out too....(long story really...private apartments, not public)...so we looked over our shoulders and quickly scooped up the spaghetti that was on top (not touching the ground) and shoved it back into the pot. Then, we called my friend's dog over to eat the stuff that WAS touching the ground so nobody would know.

Obviously we would never do this again but we still laugh over it....

That is so funny! I would have done the same thing, no harm if it didn''t hit the floor!

Annabakescakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 5:26am
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails

haha thats such a sweet story icon_smile.gif it reminded me of the episode of Friends with the cheesecake. Where Chandler and Rachel split the cake and Rachel drops hers, and when Chandler laughs at her misfortune, she slaps the cake out of his hand. So they eat it off the floor. Of course, Joey walks up, looks at them, they look embarressed at being caught eating off the floor, but Joey whips out a fork, hunkers down and says "So what're we eating?" and starts tucking in haha!

I remember that! So funny!

MonkeysMom88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MonkeysMom88 Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 1:03am
post #35 of 37

That is so sweet!!! I would do that for my daughter too. I agree that that is parenting at it's best. thumbs_up.gif

I'll have to check out that mythbusters episode... I could've swore my biology teacher said germs are on food the instant it hits the floor. Interesting icon_razz.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 3:45pm
post #36 of 37

That is just PRECIOUS!!!!! Good for you, good save mom!!!! Bravo!

I'm smiling at the keyboard.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

sleepiesaturn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleepiesaturn Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 3:04am
post #37 of 37

Aww, I wuld have done the exact same thing. What a nice family you have

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%