Organizing Cake Supplies

Decorating By yanci Updated 30 Sep 2011 , 7:14pm by langranny

yanci Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 7

Hello! I'm moving in a week and Istarted packing all of my baking and decorating supplies. I realized I have a ridiculous amount of stuff and not enough space in my new kitchen! I was wondering how everyone else organizes their supplies. I would love to see some good ideas so I can organize my supplies efficiently! Looking forward to hear your experiences and ideas!!!

Thanks for sharing!

6 replies
KMKakes Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 7

Great question! I am trying to figure out what to do with my excess cake boxes.

yanci Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 7

Those are great links! Thank you. Unfortunately I dont have a spare room that I can use for my cake supplies. My supplies have to coexist in my tiny kitchen with the rest of my everyday supplies! I would love to know how others organize their supplies without taking all of their pantry space for them! Anyone???

SweetCreationsNZ Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 7

I keep my tins and piping tips and bags in my kitchen. Everything else is in large plastic containers in a spare wardrobe. I was thinking about getting the plastic containers that fit under the bed. Not sure where tiger them on your side of the world... Hope that is of some help

Texas_Rose Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 6:58pm
post #6 of 7

I have a six foot metal metro shelf in my kitchen (came from Target for $30 on sale) and I've got plastic milk crates on the bottom to hold shaped pans and chocolate molds, a couple shelves of normal shaped pans stacked together, and then plastic shoeboxes with my ribbon, tools, dusts, cookie cutters, etc...all labeled on the end so I can get what I need at a glance.

It's not the prettiest method of organizing because it's all right out there in the open. I've thought about sewing some fabric covers for the shelf, once I decide which fabric I'm going to make kitchen curtains out of. It would be pretty easy to make velcro curtains for the whole shelf.

langranny Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 7

After struggling with where to store my stuff, I purchased a nice oak pantry cabinet from Home Depot. I had a blank wall next to my kitchen that it just fit. It's about 27" wide and 15" deep with two doors on the top and two doors on the bottom and two drawers in the middle. It stands about 7' tall (I have 9' ceilings). By using drawer dividers and clear shoeboxes with labels I've managed to get almost all my stuff organized. My basic pans and cooling racks are stacked in the bottom. The rest of my pans (I was recently given a huge box of vintage shaped pans) and candy molds are upstairs in my sewing room on TWO baker's racks... I still need to finish the cabinet, but one thing at a time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%