Went From City Girl To Country Girl, Omg :d

Lounge By coloradoflower Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 12:25am by Karen421

coloradoflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coloradoflower Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 4

So I grew up in RI along beach and loved the city life. But now after 7 years in CO living on a farm with goats, chickens, bunnies, ducks and llamas I can't stand driving into the city. I wonder what happened since I never thought in high school I'd want chickens or any of this stuff. Just find it funny that's all. So does anyone else have farm animals????? We just got the llamas a few days ago and I'm totally in love with them. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 6:40am
post #2 of 4

I can relate. I moved from Manhattan to a town that, at the time, was like Mayberry, complete with the naive, nosy neighbors.

But I'd move back in a heartbeat. I miss everything about it except the garbage collectors' strikes.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 11:16am
post #3 of 4

I went the other way! A mile to the nearest small town where I grew up in Ireland, helped my uncle who lived "next door" (a couple of fields down but the next houseicon_smile.gif) with his farm animals, even my Uni was in a very small town. Now I live bang in the middle of the UK's second city.

I loved the countryside and would happily live there again but at the moment being in a city suits.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:25am
post #4 of 4

I grew up in CT (I know, not that big! LOL) in town, with houses around. Now I live on a ranch and raise horses, peacocks, chickens, and puppies. Still don't know exactly how we got this far out, but I don't want to go back! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%