Help Choosing And Oven For My Shop

Business By RussellsCakes Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 11:19am by MimiFix

RussellsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RussellsCakes Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 2:02am
post #1 of 5

I have secured an investor, found a location, and now its time to get my equipment. Most everything is cut and dry with the exception of the oven. I thought I wanted a gas convection oven, The primary use for these ovens will be cakes. I've been reading articles on line for the last couple of hours as to which kind of ovens are best for certain situation. Though, I'm finding mixed answers.

So, what do you use in your shop? I'm finding some great deals on gas and electric vulcan and blodgett double stack convection ovens in my area.

4 replies
Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 5

My vote is for Deluxe oven---love mine! The factory is in Sarasota, FL, so it's US made, they were easy to deal with, gave me a great discount of the listed price, shipped fast, and the oven is a dream!!! I have no experience with any other commercial brands though.
Good Luck and congrats

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 5

I vote for a Baxter, gas convection, revolving, 8 rack - I LOVE mine!!! Perfect cakes (cookies, whatever) every time!

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 5

I have 2 DeLuxe Ovens!!!! One is 11 years old and the other is 2 years old. My ovens have a gentle convection fan that helps to bake the perfect cake.

I love my ovens! I use the older 3 rack oven for my wedding cake company and the 4 rack oven for my cupcake shop.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 11:19am
post #5 of 5

There are great deals around for used ovens. I've used older models gas stacked ovens (the kind you find in pizza shops). Blodgett and Vulcan are two reliable names. With these gas ovens I think the only problem you would ever have is needing a new thermostat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%