Which Filling For Chocolate Chocolate And More Chocolate?

Baking By rlowry03 Updated 28 Sep 2011 , 5:03pm by rlowry03

rlowry03 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 3

I have a request for cupcakes. The recepient apparently loves all things chocolate. I need to be able to color the frosting, so I think I'm stuck with white chocolate unless someone can tell me if I can tint regular chocolate frosting. Here are my choices:

Dark Chocolate cupcake -

filled with semisweet ganache and topped with white chocolate smbc

filled with milk chocolate ganache and topped with white chocolate smbc

or some other combination of the three?

Which would you choose? I actually would like to do dark chocolate cupcake, white ganache filling, and milk chocolate smbc. I just don't think I can turn milk chocolate smbc a pretty color for flowers.

2 replies
vgray Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 1:45am
post #2 of 3

I would do Dark Chocolate cupcake -filled with semisweet ganache and topped with white chocolate smbc. I think the only colors you can turn milk chocolate is black, but I may be mistaken. With the white chocolate, you know you can color it and won't have to make a second batch if you get frustrated with the milk chocolate lol. Good luck with what ever you choose!

rlowry03 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! That's exactly what I went with. I though a white chocolate filling would be a yummy suprise but wasn't willing to mess with coloring chocolate frosting this time around. It's something I need to try on my own though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%