Cupcakes Sticking

Baking By jstan Updated 29 Sep 2011 , 2:04am by MimiFix

jstan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstan Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 5

Help!! I am donating 100 cupcakes to a breast cancer event on Saturday, I started making Macsmom strawberry and lemon and they are not coming out of the liners clean???? I have made some WASC and chocolate and they are fine? I even went out and paid way too much for Wilton liners and the same. I keep wasting so much.

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 5

You could try reducing the sugar in the recipe. Fruit recipes, especially, tend to stick because between the sugar in the cake and the sugar in the fruit, there's a little too much, although Macsmoms recipes are generally very well tested, by now. Why are you taking them out of the liners? I just leave them in till it's time for them to be eaten. You might also try spraying the liners with PAM before filling them, if you really need to remove them from the liners.

jstan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstan Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 11:49am
post #3 of 5

I do not take them out of the liners I noticed while I was "sampling"

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 1:28am
post #4 of 5

Oh, well, duh, I guess I could have thought of that if I'd tried a little harder! Hope you find a solution to your problem!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 2:04am
post #5 of 5

I can think of several reasons why cake may stick to the paper liner: not enough fat in the recipe; the cake is slightly under baked; or the liner is not a good quality. Marianna has a good suggestion - pan spray will help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%