Cupcake Disaster!!!

Decorating By tmgarcia_98 Updated 20 Oct 2011 , 9:45pm by kel58

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 17

I had just finished an order of 1 dozen cupcakes, ready to deliver. I set the box on a towel in the front seat so they would be level, strapped my daughter into her carseat, then realized I left my phone inside.

I left the car door open so she could get a breeze and ran back inside. Then I heard my daughter screaming and shreiking. So I ran back to the car, thinking maybe a bee or some bug had flown into the car, but no.......I look inside, and my 70 lb boxer is sitting in the front seat, on top of a smushed cupcake box!

Now....before I get slammed for pets around my baking, my dogs stay outside, in a fenced backyard. Just my luck, he picked that day to dig under the fence icon_eek.gif

16 replies
CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 17

wow... now I have heard it all! I'm sooooooo sorry!!! *hugs*

geri4292adams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
geri4292adams Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 17

If it makes you feel any better one day my hubby let my lab in because it was raining and before I got back to the kitchen (only was gone for 2 or 3 minutes, the precious thing ate my 10" cake that was sitting one the counter about to be stacked up....

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 17

Had to laugh!!! We were just remembering my 10yo exclaimation that "the cake broke!" Thanks to my dogs I was rebaking that night! The kitchen gate had not gotten latched, so the dogs got over to the cake!

JennyWit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennyWit Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 17

OMG that is hilarious!!

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 17

Ugh. Pit in my stomach just thinking about what you guys said! I have a big lab outside, fenced and locked. I shutter to think.......

Kathy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy99 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 4:44am
post #7 of 17

OMG that is aweful icon_sad.gif I had a similar experience like that as well. I know how you feel

Mandyjb74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandyjb74 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 12:20pm
post #8 of 17

my boyfriend is always talking about my cakes so i challenge him to make me a apple cake while i was at work (he never cooks, burns water) so he spent all day making this cake went to pick up our son from school and to meet me when we got home he went to present me with his cake and discovered the rottweiler had eaten it, his poor little face he was so upset i must admit i had to try really hard not to laugh so it has happened to alot of us at least

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 12:50pm
post #9 of 17

OMG I am so sorry. But I had to laugh. Your boxer loves you and just wanted to be with you. We had a dog growing up that licked the frosting off a doll cake when we were at church. I think we all have these stories.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 3:54pm
post #10 of 17

OMG..... NOT good icon_sad.gif

Jennifer

cakemaker61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker61 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 6:47pm
post #11 of 17

Your post made me remember a half sheet wedding cake with a small tier on top that I had made years ago. The frosting was a crusting buttercream and I had a thin sheet of plastic over it in the back of my van. When I got to the person's house, the front door was still opened while going round to the back of the van to open the hatch. In a blink of an eye, their hyper shepherd dog had jumped into the front seat, made his way to the back and sat on part of the cake. I about had a coronary. We brought it in and thank God it had the plastic over it, but I had pipe frosting into the dents and we used flowers to cover up some other bad spots. I know how you feel and am sorry this happened to you.

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:38am
post #12 of 17

I am sorry this happened. I have a boxer and I can see him doing the same thing as he loves to ride.

Shan1781 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shan1781 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 10:27am
post #13 of 17

OMG - I once had an order for 50 sugar cookies covered in fondant... I baked all the cookies,covered them in fondant and left them over night under an isect cover to harden... at the time I was looking after my Dad's chihuahua that stands all of 20cm in height and he had to stay in side which I HATE but anyways I put the cookies up on the table covered only to catch the precious little dear ON the dinning room table having himself a little tea party with my cookies... needless to say he was in soooo much trouble and I have refused to look after him again lol but I was up all night baking the cookies all over again...

Shan...icon_smile.gif

rara1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rara1975 Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 7:52pm
post #14 of 17

OMGsh - I am intrigued to know how you figured it out though! lol

Keciak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keciak Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 8:58pm
post #15 of 17

Wow, dogs must really love cake! icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 9:18pm
post #16 of 17

Ooohhhh this reminds me of the time I had bakes up some mini dollskirt cuppies and my dog got into them......ahhhh memories icon_smile.gif

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 9:45pm
post #17 of 17

Oh I take a little pleasure in the fact that i'm not the only person to have a dog destroy a cake. My dogs are mostly outdoor dogs but do come in when we aren't home (fear they will escape or kills something..ek). A few months back I had finished baking and left one layer of a 6 inch on a cooling rack while I ran a couple errands. When I got home my husband is scrubbing the carpet in the basement. Apparently in the 7 years we have had the dogs, they chose today to get through the babygate that keeps them confined.

3 hours later I went into the kitchen to grab a snack and walked past my cooling rack. I thought damn I gotta clean those crumbs up and kept walking. I had gone a few feet before I had that "OH SH*T" moment. Damn dogs had eatten the chocolate cake!! I don't know if I believe that chocolate will kill your dog or not. Mine seem to have a high tollarance. They also once ate half a bag of choc chip I had thrown away casue they got all white looking.

They are a vet trip just waiting to happen some days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%