New Airbrush Today - Questions On Starting Please!!

Decorating By kimkake Updated 4 Dec 2011 , 7:32pm by monet1895

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 12:11am
post #1 of 8

I received my new air brush today - (very excited!!) I ordered it directly from Kopy Kake - but it didn't come with any instructions on starting really - there is a little clear soft plastic piece over the nozzle tip - is this supposed to come off? If so - how? I don't want to apply any pressure to the tip and it's on pretty good. Any other tips would be helpful - or if there is a website or video on airbrushing - I would love to know about it.
Thanks!!

7 replies
Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 12:38am
post #2 of 8

Im not sure about the clear plastic piece, sounds like it should come off, I have four airbrushes and never had a plastic piece on the nozzle. My best advice is to get a piece of cardboard and go for it. I love mine and almost all of my cakes have some airbrushing somewhere. There are some good tutorials on youtube, check them out and have fun!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 1:09am
post #3 of 8

The clear plastic piece doesn't come off.It is a guard for the needle.I have one as well.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 1:14am
post #4 of 8

Go to how to airbrush dot com (make it a link) and they have some excellent tutorials there.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 2:48am
post #5 of 8

you got a kopykake airbrush, right? yes the clear plastic end is just there to protect the tip and it is meant to be taken off, just pull it off and put it back on when you put the airbrush back into its black holder for storage.

Just start practising. use water in the little cup and spray onto newspaper, that way you can get a hang of handling the little lever. then you can move onto using food coloring.

you'll have fun!

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 8

Yes sweetcakes - it's a KopyKake - and I did remove the plastic piece - I realized after color starting gathering in there that it must come off. Love it already! I have a camo wedding cake this weekend and this is going to save soooo much time!!!! icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 8

Weird..I left mine on for 8 years now and never a problemm..Ha!ha! What an Idiot I am..Oh well..I'm gonna leave it!!

monet1895 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monet1895 Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 7:32pm
post #8 of 8

Would you all mind sharing which airbrushes you have that you love?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%