How Do I Ship A Carrot Cake?

Decorating By CandysCandies Updated 28 Sep 2011 , 4:30pm by CandysCandies

CandysCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandysCandies Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 3

I have a cake order from someone who is about 5 hours away and it's a carrot cake icon_biggrin.gif. If I were to have to drive the cake there myself it was cost way too much icon_surprised.gif so I'm looking for ideas on how to ship it. Fed-Ex? Also how do I package it so that it won't be a cake disaster when they get it? One option I considered was baking the layers and wrapping them in plastic wrap, making the frosting and putting it in a sealed container and packaging all that in a box with maybe a lunch box type ice pack. Can anyone help me with this?

2 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 7:32am
post #2 of 3

I would contact Fed Ex or UPS and tell them what you are trying to ship and see if it is possible. If they could take extra steps to make sure the cake arrives in one piece. You would have to have this side up in large letters and handle with care all over the box. The only other option would be to have your customer drive to you to pick it up. I would make sure to use an extra large cake board to make sure they wouldn't press the sides of the box in and smash the cake.

CandysCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandysCandies Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 3

see I didn't even think about the cake board helping. Thank you so much thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%