Opinions Please??

Decorating By forheavenscake Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 8:53pm by forheavenscake

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone! I have a cake due this weekend and it is half princess and half dinosaur .. LOL They are doing two birthdays in one. The princess half is going to be tangled related. . .They didn't want to spend the money on a topper, and since I can't re-create any characters legally I'm having to think outside of the box.

I was thinking about making her long hair drape around the cake, but am worried this would look wierd if the actual princess wasn't on top of the cake? What do you think? I also plan on having the lanterns and other theme related items on the cake. . .but mostly, do you think the hair idea would look ok without actually having the princess on there?

Thanks a ton!

4 replies
snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 5

could you make the top tier (or at least the Tangled half) look like the top of the tower and just have her hair coming from the window?

forheavenscake Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 5

It is just a 9x13 sheet. . so it's one layer. . .I already thought of that idea, but that's not within the budget for this cake. Wish it was though!!!

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 5

What about a 2-D FBCT picture of the tower with her hair coming out 3-D and maybe some little raised flowers/greenery

forheavenscake Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 5

That might work. . .thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%